Re: NHL 20 online lagging

by ldwootbfmgmo

Original Post

Re: EASHL Server Issues (may 2020)

★★ Novice

Agreed.  We also have been playing every night and have yet to have a single game with lag.  Our league also had zero complaints last night Standard smile

Message 101 of 106 (1,315 Views)

Re: EASHL Server Issues (may 2020)

Played a few matches after taking a few months break and I don't notice a difference in server quality - we're West server players so that could have something to do with it

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 102 of 106 (1,306 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DE4DEYESB Same here but like the other dude it goes back to crap again
Message 103 of 106 (1,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

haha, it's not only the connection lag that make your player's poor performance - being slow, game muddy and usually being defeated. It's ok to play even with ping 40-50ms, but there's another thing.

While playing, try to look into your opponents overall rating and player's rating. It's talked over and over here and there, about lag given to higher overall by game algorithm to even the play. The reason for this is encouraging rookies, not to give up too early, just to be more into the game with wins over good teams (we all like that).

How it works? if one team A is build with 80-90 and for example 3-4 95+ player, but opponent team B is full of 99ers, the A team gets speed boost, goalie's waaay better, it's easier to force the D and score easy goals. Team B is slowed down (it feels more like 75-80 than 90), getting good positions is very hard and you really can't play offensive at all. It's easy to notice when your rested 99 Kuzi is outskated by 82 Ekblad tired after icing call Large smile Your 99 Markstrom lets blue line slappers from 85 Karlsson and you lose 6:1 (with shots 10:30) Large smile

CM here know about it, but only recently promised to look into the problem. I think after reading a lot of data they simply ignored what the community was saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_game_difficulty_balancing check it out guys

Message 104 of 106 (1,059 Views)

Community Manager

@JeremiahJr1313 

Here is our statement on DDA in NHL. As far as the idea that lower overalls get a boost goes, this is false and there is no boost applied.

Aljo.png
Message 105 of 106 (1,029 Views)

Community Manager

Going to throw this out there and results could vary, but thought I'd share this from my personal experience.

I have my console upstairs and play on WiFi. Under my Xbox Network Settings it will show two WiFi channels I can connect to, 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz. 

The 2.4Ghz shows it's a stronger connection via the bar graph, but it causes lag. When I switched to the 5.0Ghz channel the lag disappeared. If you have a gaming router with an option to connect to a different WIFi channel, definitely try the other one. 

Blueberry.png
Message 106 of 106 (882 Views)