Re: NHL 20 online lagging

by VegasSticks

Original Post

NHL 20 online lagging

★★ Novice

NHL 20 glitching every 7 seconds on any online mode. Reset everything. Internet is perfectly fine and hard wired. EA server issue?

Message 1 of 106 (17,787 Views)

Studdering/low FPS or sluggish controls (input lag)? I've been dealing with the latter on to varying degree

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 106 (17,741 Views)

Community Manager

@carelli89  @TTZ_Dipsy 

How have things been in the past week since this was reported? Can you answer the following if you're interested in troubleshooting so we can pinpoint what's causing it:

• Platform you play on
  • Game modes you're experiencing online lagging in
  • Does this happen on WiFi, wired, or both type of connections?
  • Does this connection troubleshooting fix it for you?
  • Does a power cycle with the console improve performance at all?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 106 (17,600 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Big time. Player skating in mud and input lag. Servers are trash.

Message 4 of 106 (17,328 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is entirely EA server malfunction. Multiple user internet connections are just fine and dandy.

Message 5 of 106 (17,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@carelli89This was happening for me for about 4 weeks. Yesterday I decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it and it seemed to have worked for me! Played 4 games and didn’t stop and start once! Hopefully everyone can see this message and it can help some people out!

Message 6 of 106 (17,040 Views)

@EA_Blueberry 

With all other NHL games it was either you get a good game or a very laggy game (despite having green bars); now I'm guaranteed to get random 1-5 second input lag spikes every single game - it's an NHL 20 specific issue because this doesn't happen with any other game I play

PS4
EASHL, ONES, HUT
Wifi for me, wired for my friend
I've opened all ports, done the UO Trace, and have restarted, rebooted, and reinstalled all game, console, and router software - none of it makes a difference

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 7 of 106 (16,995 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Did that too works for a while then back to the same.

Message 8 of 106 (13,293 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still having this problem since nhl17. Input delay and the gameplay freezes up and then speeds up once the fart works itself out11. But yeah its thousands of customers internet problems and not the EA servers. Nah cant be them right. All that HUT money keeps the servers running tip top right? RIGHT??

Message 9 of 106 (11,107 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @CanuckZero00.

We'll need to go through some testing to rule out any issues with your connection. First, are you on a wired or wireless connection? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 106 (11,049 Views)