Re: NHL 19 Xbox - Can't Get Past Title Screen

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL 19 Xbox - Can't Get Past Title Screen

★★ Novice

Every time I try to load NHL 19 it opens the title screen with Subban on it, waits a few seconds then goes back to the Xbox home screen. I've tried power cycling my xbox a few times and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. All my other games load fine except for NHL. Does anyone know how I can get NHL to load?

Xbox One

Message 1 of 6 (3,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Solved

Thank you for your response. 

I was able to get it to work by uninstalling nhl 19 first then going into settings and factory resetting my Xbox (there's an option to keep your games and apps so you don't have to reinstall everything). After I reinstalled nhl 19 everything works fine.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (2,989 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Dadmun7

If you still have the Beta installed, can you uninstall that and then retry the main game?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem.  I bought the ultimate edition from the store, I never had the beta installed to my knowledge.  How would i check and/or uninstall? 

Message 3 of 6 (3,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am also having the exact same issue. I bought this game on on Friday and still have not been able to play for the game I purchased. The grey “connecting” screen endlessly cycles and I have left it on for longer than an hour in the hope that something would work. Dozens of fruitless attempts.

Message 4 of 6 (3,015 Views)

★★ Novice

Solved

Thank you for your response. 

I was able to get it to work by uninstalling nhl 19 first then going into settings and factory resetting my Xbox (there's an option to keep your games and apps so you don't have to reinstall everything). After I reinstalled nhl 19 everything works fine.

Message 5 of 6 (2,990 Views)

Community Manager

@Dadmun7

Not an ideal situation but thanks for posting your 'fix'.

barry.png
Message 6 of 6 (2,961 Views)