NHL 18 LAG and button DELAY

by HEDEVINE

Original Post

Re: NHL 18 LAG and button DELAY

★★ Novice

I understand too that you're at the mercy of the worst connection in your lobby - but using the word 'lag' makes people think it's poor internet lag - it's not.  It's direct input from your controller lag.  It's not the typical "you guy goes at the speed of light all of a sudden" before you lag out.  It's the fact that you press the stick to move, and 1-2 seconds later, he moves in that direction.  

Message 21 of 32 (1,541 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Having same issue playing online team play - makes game unplayable
Message 22 of 32 (1,513 Views)

★★ Novice

I think it's a new issue.  Been researching it non stop since it started happening a couple of days ago.  People are confusing it with regular 'lag' issues - which is internet based.  This is definitely something different.  IF I find a resolution, I'll post it for sure.  For now, I have to restart the PS4 after every game.  Needless to say, I haven't played much in the last few nights

Message 23 of 32 (1,488 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh, and I should add that is doesn't happen in drop ins (which I hardly ever play for obvious reasons) - it only happens during EASHL team games, which seems consistent with what I've found in my research.  Hopefully since it's a recent issue, EA will be able to fix it with the next update?  I know, I know - and there's such thing as unicorns and mermaids, and I can poop money...Listen, a guy can dream....

Message 24 of 32 (1,487 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I played last night, first game unplayable, played some far cry for a bit than tried it again, my friend and I played four games with no controller delay. Not sure what’s going on
Message 25 of 32 (1,471 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep! Same here - I played EASHL all night last night, and it's fixed - or at least it's temporarily fixed.  I'm gonna go with that it was a glitch?  *fingers crossed*  If EA did a patch, it would have been nice to know since every time I start a game I have to wonder if it's gonna happen again...

Message 26 of 32 (1,453 Views)

★★ Novice
It is 100% NOT fixed. My connection is pretty good and its unplayable. My players are so delayed that i dont even have the motivation to play anymore. I play everyday and ive never such a major issue. I can have 15-25 ping in HUT and it feels like im on 60 because my players cant skate, poke, hit, pick up pucks, turn, etc. This issue also causes the opponent to intercept or block everything its incredible. You guys know the issue that happened in HUT at the beginning of the game where u would change gameplay sliders in ur favor for HUT challenges? Its the EXACT same happening but AGAINST you. Seems like ur guys are at 20/100 on every attributes while the opponent is 80/100. They really need to fix this. I know other people having this issue and we night not even buy the game next year. Motivation is gone tho
Message 27 of 32 (1,313 Views)

★★ Novice

That sux...I don't play HUT - I only play EASHL - and I haven't had the problem in a long time...in fact since my last post, I've had no problems.  Maybe whatever fixed the EASHL problem will fix the HUT too?  I feel your pain.

Message 28 of 32 (1,276 Views)

★★ Novice
The issue started in january and was gone in march. But then it went back in april and now the game is just awful in 1v1. This thing is so weird its not even a connection issue. It really looks like it is the game. What did u do to fix it tho?
Message 29 of 32 (1,222 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have that too. Started in march in my case. Now it went also to versus and HUT. 

Random eashl is only mode which is working properly, at least for me. 

It's the EA's fault. But they wouldn't care less. 

I too have a good wired connection, but it does not play any roll. Like they state in their slogan; It's in the game

Crappy incompetent company.

Message 30 of 32 (1,112 Views)