NFS heat won't launch

by muscleboy9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS heat won't launch

★★★★★ Apprentice

I bought NFS heat few weaks ago. past week I also subscribed to EA access premier, so I would be able to "start playing 3 days before anyone else" (i also pre-loaded it). when I hit the play button today. nothing happens. not even a proces showing up in my taskmanager. when I started looking for what causes this trouble. I bumped on an email stating that my Billing had failed. after clicking "ea - account and billing" on origin I saw that my transaction had failed. I thought this was why my game wouldnt start. I had no option anywhere given by EA to finish the payment so I cancelled the pre order and pre ordered it again. didnt work. I reinstalled the game. I had a direct x error. deleted some rar files in the redist folder. download continued and finished. didnt work. I reinstalled origin. didnt work. I've been trying to get the game launched since 9 h in the morning, its 22h and I haven't managed to solve anything. getting really frustrated about the fact I subscribed to EA access to be able to play today (and premier to have the full version instead of a 10 hour trial) and already 12 hours + wasted...

Message 1 of 47 (70,385 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS heat won't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

No, you can't play or launch NFS Heat with your setup.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Processor (AMD): FX-6350 or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): Core i5-3570 or Equivalent
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics card (AMD): Radeon 7970/Radeon R9 280x or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 760 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 320 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50 GB

Your AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 is 10 years old, mini requirement is 7 years old CPU (FX-6350).

Your CPU do not have instructions like AES, AVX, FMA3, FMA4, F16C and has only SSE 4.0.

FX-6350 has AES, AVX, FMA3, FMA4, F16C and SSE 4.2.

If NFS Heat use one of the instructions that your CPU do not have, game will not run at all.

Same answer for soberr219 and his AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T.

View in thread

Message 12 of 47 (88,931 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@muscleboy9 

Deleting "some Rar files" is not a great idea. Please right click the game in Origin and then choose Repair.

Let that process finish and then retry playing.

If you continue to have an issue, please post your Dxdiag report here, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 2 of 47 (70,320 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi thanks for the response. I repaired the game after I deleted the the files, it removed the direct X error. But still wouldnt run. I ll run the dxdiag after work (within 4h) 

Message 3 of 47 (70,312 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

as promised, the dxdiag document 

Message 4 of 47 (70,287 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@muscleboy9 You're trying to play this game with a phenom II and a rx550? this will never ever work dude Wink
Message 5 of 47 (70,268 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I played Payback with the same PC,  played nfs 2015 with a 1GB video card, (replaced it with a 4gb card) all did the job. Launching nfs 2015 with that 1gb video card was a bit much tho, but it launched. When I click the nfs heat logo, ig doesnt do anything. So i dont believe thats thats the problem

Message 6 of 47 (70,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have same problem, i click "play" the origin minimaze for a momment then origin screen appear again and i can click play again... For 5s i have info i am playing nfs heat but nothinh happens.

Message 7 of 47 (70,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Requirements for this game:

8gb ram

4 core ~ 3.4 Ghz

Gpu: 2gb,

My PC perfectly matches these and the gpu is double the needed capacity, its not overpowered but should definately do the job.

And even if the hardware is the problem, i've never known this ever prevented a game from just even launching. I ve played games before on lacking hardware, but it always started. 

As I said, i finished nfs 2015 with a 1gb GPU...

Message 8 of 47 (70,247 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly the same story here soberr219, I click it, I get a mouse buffer for a short moment, it never shows a NFS heat logo in my taskbar but the play button in origin goes blind like if its starting up the game. After 5 secs the play button is available again and thats it...

Message 9 of 47 (70,239 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So it seems I paid 15€ subscription to EA premier for nothing as the game still isnt working and tomorrow is official release... Thanks EA

Message 10 of 47 (70,146 Views)