Re: NFS heat bought on steam wont load

by DoubleRR828

Original Post

NFS heat bought on steam wont load

★★★ Newbie

I just bought this game on steam. I am now trying to launch the game and when I click to play solo, the game starts loading and then suddenly crashes. I have tried to verify the games files and even lower the graphics and resolution but the same problem persists. I even updated the graphics drivers but I still have the same problem.

Message 1 of 9 (4,666 Views)

LINK2EA ERROR GAME WONT LOAD

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just purchased and downloaded NEED FOR SPEED HEAT TODAY and it will not load at all. a box pops up saying to start the LINK2EA app. Anybody that can help out? I do have the spec requirements for the game. I have a pic of the Error box attached to this. Thanks

Message 2 of 9 (4,632 Views)

★ Novice
@xXDank_RiceXx my says link2ea and tries to take me to the app store...
Message 3 of 9 (4,634 Views)

Community Manager

@DoubleRR828 @xXDank_RiceXx 

Please check the info at the following link to help ensure your EA and Steam accounts are linked, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam

barry.png
Message 4 of 9 (4,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i know for a fact they are linked because as soon as the game crashes, it launches origin.

Message 5 of 9 (4,582 Views)

New application to open link

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

So I have purchased the NFS Heat game from the Steam store as it was on sale. I have just downloaded the game and when I try to run the game from my steam library is says "You'll need a new application to open this link2ea link" as shown in attached screenshot. I have already got Origin installed with Apex Legends, I have tried to find a way to link Steam to my EA account however I have had no luck. I have also tried to Google this error and there are a few options that come up for Star Wars but not NFS.

Bit confused as to why the game is not ready to play from purchasing/downloading...

If you could respond with a solution to this so I can play that would be great. If not then I will be requesting a refund from Steam for this as the game is unplayable...

Many thanks.

Message 6 of 9 (4,577 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

This does not help at all with the link2ea link requiring a new app to run. As this is when Origin is supposed to open but fails. Is there another way to manually link the accounts without loading a game?

Message 7 of 9 (4,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey guys, the only solution I had was I completely uninstalled origins and then ran need for speed heat. It then made me install origins and login and now everything works and loads normal. This was the only way I could get it to work hope it helps Yall out

Message 8 of 9 (4,505 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem I wish somebody can help us

Message 9 of 9 (2,671 Views)