Re: NFS Unbound stuttering/ FPS issues

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Unbound stuttering/ FPS issues

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm going to start by mentioning how I purchased the game thru Epic games store and it linked with the wrong EA account multiple times. Took me a week thru support on EA and Epic games to get it sorted. Finally get the game sorted and I have to open the EA app click start, it opens the Epic games store telling me i dont have the game installed, click on the game anyway and it installs a fresh copy of the EA app everytime and then starts my game. Okay fine whatever at least I can play the game. Well at least for 20-30 minutes. in that time it runs great, good fps, no stuttering or any problems like that. But somewhere after 20-30 minutes like clockwork my game decides it wants to act like a slideshow instead of a game. From 120+ fps down to 10 at best. It massively stutters, freezes, comes in and out and randomly opens my AMD overlay and closes it over and over. I'm not sure what the problem could be as I've never had something like this happen before. I have all of my drivers updated, bios updated, game updated, I can't figure it out. My build is a 5900x, 6950xt, 32 gb of 3600 mhz ram.

Message 1 of 3 (589 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Thicketts  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with NEED FOR SPEED™ Unbound and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (523 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Thicketts  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with NEED FOR SPEED™ Unbound and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 3 (524 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I've done all of this, and still no solution.

EA: PLEASE FIX THIS!
Message 3 of 3 (126 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help