Re: NFS Unbound doesn't open

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for including those extra details @lilDunkey99

I wouldn't be able to speak to other player's setups, but based on your system specs in the DxDiag you've attached, unfortunately your CPU does not meet the minimum system requirements for the game and would be why these crashes are occurring.

Based on your DxDiag I'm afraid that's also the issue in your case @Weroide, your CPU does not meet the minimum requirements, I'm sorry to say. 

Mako.png
Message 11 of 51 (7,010 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Speero, based on your posts it sounds like you're also having some trouble launching the game, though I don't see that you've attached your DxDiag so we can take a closer look.

Are you able to attach that for us?
Mako.png
Message 12 of 51 (1,899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i also have this problem

Message 13 of 51 (1,898 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Chudy2117,

Can you provide the information from this post so we can take a closer look at what you're running into? Thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 14 of 51 (1,897 Views)

★ Apprentice

Another player posted a DxDiag who seemingly has the same issue and has better than minimum specs. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-crash-after-character-customization/m-p/12091706/hig...

Also, some laptops below minimum specs can play the game too. So, can we have a technical answer? A fix, a workaround or a detailed explanation of the crash.

Many people reported an issue where they can only launch the game if they delete the DX12 shader cache file it generates. At the very minimum, that needs to be fixed and has nothing to do with minimum specs.

My gut tells me this will also fix the story-crashing bug too. We don't know for sure, because we are not getting detailed reasonings.

Message 15 of 51 (1,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, when i first opened nfs i was able to see menu but when i clicked singleplayer mode my game crashed, then every time i try to open game it crash

Message 16 of 51 (1,888 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mako 
Do I give up and ask for a refund?

I know I'm a little below the minimum, but in other games it's possible to sacrifice graphics for performance

Message 17 of 51 (1,858 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've got same issue I feel very disappointed nothing changed from the morning 

Message 18 of 51 (1,853 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Mako that would be the case , wouldnt it , if the game didnt open , we all know the system requirements isnt the issue , maybe in performance it would be , but , you telling me that cpus with 4 cores cant run this game?But all the other 3a games it's fine , is this the most realistic game ever or something? Even a joke of a launch game like cyberpunk with the most ridiculous requirements would open but not the all might new need for speed.Just fix the game , the game would't open if that was the case.And btw , 33% of people in steam are still using a 4 core cpu , so you want me to believe that more than 1/3 of the people on steam wouldnt be able to run your game?seems like a bad strategy for a game launch.
Message 19 of 51 (1,853 Views)

Community Manager
@Weroide
If you're below the minimum requirements we can't guarantee the game will work or provide additional troubleshooting on our end I'm afraid.

Since your purchase was through Steam you'd want to reach out there regarding a refund so they can check what options you have in that regard.
Mako.png
Message 20 of 51 (1,844 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help