NFS UNBOUND : the title may have been downloaded to your device by another user

by OpsVictor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS UNBOUND : the title may have been downloaded to your device by another user

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have downloaded the game with steam, got refunded, then get it on origin. I have in my collection. I can download it. But I dont have the play button.

When I try to launch the game directly with the .exe, i have the following message : 

this title may have been downloaded to your device by another user who owns the game. Log in to a different account or restart the app to try again.

It's me who downloaded the game.

I have the game and the key.

I have restarted the app, cleared the cache, the computer, etc.

Can't find a solution. 

Message 1 of 15 (27,870 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS UNBOUND : the title may have been downloaded to your device by another u

★★★★★ Apprentice
@OpsVictor You probably need to delete the old save game and maybe the settings. Assuming uninstalling from Steam did not remove those. There’s a folder under Documents.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (27,847 Views)

All Replies

Re: NFS UNBOUND : the title may have been downloaded to your device by another u

★★★★★ Apprentice
@OpsVictor You probably need to delete the old save game and maybe the settings. Assuming uninstalling from Steam did not remove those. There’s a folder under Documents.
Message 2 of 15 (27,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you were partially right.

You need to

• unlink steam on you EA account 
  • [optional] do a manual copy of your core game files
  • uninstall all version of games currently installed
  • use origin
  • download the game with origin
  • [optional]
  • stop
  • paste the core game files to save time to not download everything or skip this past
  • [/optional]
  • profit

What was my issue exactly since now it's fix ? 

EA doesnt know the difference between a EA version of the game and your steam version of the game. By default, they will install the steam version.

Message 3 of 15 (27,840 Views)

Error on launch: “you don’t have access…”

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I bought the game through steam and have been playing fine until now.

Suddenly after launching the game through steam this error keeps coming up on EA play app.

”You don’t have access.

This title may have been downloaded to your device by another user who owns the game. Log in to a different account or restart the app to try again.”

Restarting the game, steam, EA, didn’t work.

Restarting PC didn’t work.

Stuck!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

J

Message 4 of 15 (27,806 Views)

Re: Error on launch: “you don’t have access…”

★★★ Newbie

I closed steam, launched EA first.

Launched through EA first, error - managed via steam.

Launch steam, launch game, seems to work now.

Message 5 of 15 (27,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but I dont get how u can download the game from origin or EA app when they virtual  key that I have is in steam

Message 6 of 15 (26,858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hello, O' great knowledgeable one, lol, but honestly, was woondering if i purchased and downloaded the game through steam and the EA App keeps launching everytime i try and run the game through Steam, and when EA opens up, my screen will flash a few times as if the game is trying to load, screen goes black/blank and then just keeps closing to EA App, i havent been able to play since the Origin switched to the EA App whatever... I do have a savefile from the game using Origin App due to the game never running under EA App it has always stuttered and gave a black screen and dropped back to EA App.... I am at my wits end on the internet looking for a direct answer so when i came up this post, sorry i had to reply with a question of my own, in similar relation though

Message 7 of 15 (25,851 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but I didn't buy it off steam it's thru Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

@OpsVictor wrote:

Hello,

I have downloaded the game with steam, got refunded, then get it on origin. I have in my collection. I can download it. But I dont have the play button.

When I try to launch the game directly with the .exe, i have the following message : 

this title may have been downloaded to your device by another user who owns the game. Log in to a different account or restart the app to try again.

It's me who downloaded the game.

I have the game and the key.

I have restarted the app, cleared the cache, the computer, etc.

Can't find a solution. 

Message 8 of 15 (21,084 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, same problem here with Xbox Game Pass too. Cant play NFS Unbound.

Message 9 of 15 (20,621 Views)

★★★ Novice
@UncleNinjaMW @fcoriverah

I believe this would be the same issue (with extra steps) that I'm having.

The game should have also installed EA's launcher even if you got the game through another marketplace (This has always been the case since every publisher started making their own ie Origin, ubisoft, etc)

The game likely launches the EALauncher.exe file when you execute from Steam or Xbox. What I believe you need to do is pre-empt this, but not with the EALauncher.exe, go to the EA Desktop folder on your install drive. It's likely buried in '*\Games\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop' or in the Program Files folders. From there just follow what I did in my own post about this issue. I'll copy and paste it from my own post.
------------------------------------------------------------------
In your EA Launcher app's directory you will find several application files. (You can find the path by right clicking the desktop shortcut and look at the "target file")

The default launched is EALauncher.exe, however there is another called EADesktop.exe.

Close the launcher by right clicking the icon in the system tray area of the taskbar (to the left of the time and date)

Now open the EADesktop.exe file, it appears to be the same as the launcher in every way that I noticed.. but you CAN launch the game. At least it's worked for me.
Message 10 of 15 (20,305 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help