Re: NFS Payback trial constant stuttering and pop-in issues (GTX 1060 6gb, i5 75

by GuiLTheGr8

Original Post

Re: NFS Payback trial constant stuttering and pop-in issues (GTX 1060 6gb, i5 75

★★★ Newbie

Same issue with 1080ti, 5930k, 16 gb DDR4 and SSD Samsung 850 pro 1to.

This game stutter even in low settings and textures pop... it's unplayable for me Frown

Other game like AC Origin run perfectly.

Please Ghost repair that!

PS: Sorry for my english level

Message 11 of 24 (2,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep same issue with me, gtx 970, amd fx 8350, 1tb hard disk and 8gb of ddr3 ram, please fix, this game looks amazing but is so off putting with all the lag, Cheers.

Message 12 of 24 (2,399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem, the stuttering and pop-in issues are really hard, I have a GTX 1080 and a Ryzen 7 1700 OC to 3.8 ghz with 16 gb of RAM, My game is installed on a Hybrid HDD 2tb, and playing it on a G-SYNC, 144hz and 1440p Dell monitor, EA FIX your game.......................

Message 13 of 24 (2,390 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@IronmanToday2@GuiLTheGr8@DJVEZ03@N7EVOX@Conkrete200and others I cannot tag...

Try reducing in-game Ambient Occlusion value to SSAO or OFF and check if that defeats the stuttering for you.

Message 14 of 24 (2,364 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok guys, first of all thank you for your replies. So nice to see that the community wants this game to be successful just like me. I have an update:

I noticed that Battlefield 1 is also stuttering quite a bit (not half as bad as Payback though), this leads me to be believe that, while Payback may be poorly optimized by itself, the Frostbite Engine as a whole may be having issues with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update as well.

Also, I turned off game mode (I am running the game on W10 Fall Anniversary Update) and Turbo mode (or something like that) on my BIOS and the game seemed to have improved quite a bit. Too bad I didn't have much trial time left (and I'm definitely not buying the full game on this state), so I couldn't see how the game performs in the long run, but you should try this anyway. Online was still bad though. I've also seen someone comment that turning off Storage Sense in the storage settings also helps but I didn't test it.

And EA (or Ghost), as you can clearly see by the replies, I don't think this is a hard drive issue, neither one special to my computer. We shouldn't be looking for workarounds just to play a finished 60 dollars game properly. The problem is in the game and/or in the Frostbite Engine as a whole. please look into it.

Finally, completely off-topic, but can we sell cars in this game? I didn't find any option to do so LOL

Message 15 of 24 (2,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I buy Yesterday and this same isue GTX1070 8GB I7 6700K 8GB game on SSD. I can't play and on full detal going to windows with Low GFX memory. Realy i want my money back.... Mayby nesxt great DRM like Assasin Creed.... Beter to wait for [Comment Removed - Admin.]... That not should to be.... Sorry for my english.

Message 16 of 24 (2,328 Views)

★ Novice

Got the stuttering issue, barely playable. Every 5-10 second it stutters for a sec. Ryzen 7 1800X water cooled 70*C, 1080ti 63*C, 32GB ram 3000mhz, game installed  on a samsung EVO 1TB SSD, OS running on a nvme SSD. Game is generally running at 100+ fps 

Message 17 of 24 (2,248 Views)

Community Manager

We want to let you know we are looking into performance issues on above min spec hardware. More info will follow when available.

barry.png
Message 18 of 24 (2,189 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So, I found out that my HDD has a 5900rpm speed and that other games besides Payback and BF1 have been stuttering a little. So maybe there IS something with my hard drive after all, or it's just not fast enough for modern games, although I STILL find the stutters that I witnessed in the game unacceptably bad, and the number of people that reported this issue (even ones with newly bought SSD's) weird in the slightest. But well, you should check your HDD speed and transfer rate, and also check performance in other games because your system may be contributing to the poor experience as well (although I still find the game's performance poor in comparison to other games).

Message 19 of 24 (2,033 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for this update - is there any newer update as of this week?

I have the same issue as everyone here, pop-in/stuttering 'lag', very frustrating - unplayable imo.

My rig is old, but it is certainly not 'bad' by any means, imo.

i7 2600K (@ 4.8GHz on liquid cooling)

16GB G.Skill DDR3

SLi STRIX 980 Ti (although I believe that NFS is single card only)

240GB Kingston SSD

Even with disabling SLi in the nVIDIA CP, no difference ... I want to like this game ... but in its current state, I just won't be buying it once the 10 hour trial expires.

Message 20 of 24 (1,960 Views)