Re: NFS Payback trial constant stuttering and pop-in issues (GTX 1060 6gb, i5 75

by TheBigBenisMan

Original Post

NFS Payback trial constant stuttering and pop-in issues (GTX 1060 6gb, i5 7500)

★★★★ Apprentice

So, I really want to like this game, it has a lot of features that I love and the handling is WAY better than the one in NFS 2015, but I have so many problems with stuttering and texture pop in that it's impossible for me to like it.

I bought Origin Access just to play this game early, and instead of it making me more hyped for the game, it had the opposite effect, and I'm seriously considering not buying it, since I have a more than capable PC and these problems only happen with this game.

Basically, the game stutters every 30 seconds, textures don't load in properly, and sometimes the game fails so badly to load textures and objects that it freezes for a couple of seconds, ruining the flow and immersion of the game. All these problems are stronger and happen even more frequently on multiplayer, making a already lackluster multiplayer experience totally unplayable for me.

Also, I feel like the new patch and the new Nvidia drivers, instead of fixing or even remedying the problem, they made it worse.

I already tried: Turning Shadowplay off, clean boot, lowering graphics settings, running the game on windowed mode. Nothing worked.

This is definitely a streaming issue, so an SSD should help, but unfortunately I don't have one.

I am linking my DxDiag below, as requested by an admin in an other post where a guy was having similar problems but on a GTX 970.

I don't know if the full game has remedied these issues but I don't think so, judging from other posts that I read here.

I hope you guys can sort this out and make the game playable for me since I really want to enjoy it and give you a proper feedback based on my impressions.

Message 1 of 24 (5,034 Views)

Re: NFS Payback trial constant stuttering and pop-in issues (GTX 1060 6gb, i5 75

★ Apprentice

I was thinking about making a topic about this but you already perfectly described my problems. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but I have every other issue you have (also playing the trial). Seems like a really fun game, but the stuttering and the texture pop ins make it really hard to enjoy. Hope they do indeed fix this. 

Message 2 of 24 (4,999 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yea the stuttering is pretty bad Frown I know what you mean

If you force your computer to run NFS Payback using your GPU then that should likely minimize the amount of stuttering, you can do this by going into the Nvidia control panel program settings. However, as far as I know - Only laptop users are able to do this in the Nvidia control panel, unless there has been some update that lets desktop users do it too. I'm sure though that there are other ways to force GPU rendering on a desktop for a specific application. Might have to do a little research on that.

As for the texture issue, try repairing the game or reinstalling it.

Message 3 of 24 (4,991 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah seems you can't do that on a desktop PC. I've already tried reinstalling and repairing the game, but none of that seems to fix the texture issue.

Message 4 of 24 (4,984 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah, damn. The game is still fairly new though so I'm sure these issues will be addressed further sometime soon. At least if any laptop users come by here, my answer may be of more help. Hopefully someone does know something more to help you out though!

Message 5 of 24 (4,959 Views)

Community Manager

@HOTWHEELS970@GuiLTheGr8

The texture pop in you guys report sounds like a hard drive performance issue. I am willing to guess your games are installed on a fairly full spinning disk type hard drive. A defrag might not go amiss.

barry.png
Message 6 of 24 (4,933 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry Im having pop in issues too, often near gas stations and around the plane body that you can do jumps near thats next to the starter garage and I have the game on an SSD with 90+ gb free space.

Also have said stuttering issue that are so bad that its the only reason I haven't bought the full game yet, which I really want to do cause the game is alot of fun :/

So if you guys fix the stuttering before the weekend I'll buy the Deluxe Edition! :P

Message 7 of 24 (4,928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly I love the game but the stuttering kills it for me. I was prepared to buy the deluxe edition without hesitation but the trial has been a awful experience due to the constant stutter .

Please fix urgently!! I know that many people like me are just waiting for a fix before they commit to purchasing this awesome game!

Message 8 of 24 (4,923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello guys,

i need to confirm that i have MSI GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Ryzen 1600, 16GB DDR4 RAM, game is installed on 2 weeks old SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB (more than half empty), Win10 and game is stuttering a lot, even on lower settings. So please if you read this, fix this problem asap, as we can enjoy this great game! Thank you!

Message 9 of 24 (4,883 Views)

★★ Novice
Same stuttering issue here 4770k OC liquid cooled with a 1080ti installed on Samsung 850 Evo ssd.
Message 10 of 24 (4,861 Views)