NFS Payback installation error

by jofifa12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Payback installation error

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I just bought NFS Payback and i tried installing it. 

But apparently a error came on which said that a redistributable package (DirectX) didnt install succesfully.

I dont know what to do now so any help appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (7,050 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Payback installation error

★★★ Newbie

Alright so i disabled my anti virus program during installation and ran the files mentioned before and it finally worked out. But still its kind of annoying to install. It took me 2 days to find out how to install this game. And that with such a big company like EA xd. So just disable anti malware blocker and i was fine

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (6,952 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@jofifa12

Please find the following files on your machine and then right click on each one and choose Run as an Administrator:

Origin Games\Need for Speed Payback\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist\vc_redist.x64.exe

Origin Games\Need for Speed Payback\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

Origin Games\Need for Speed Payback\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x86.exe

Once all that is done, reboot and retry playing and let us know here how that goes, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (7,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If i install the vc2015 i get an error which says that it cant install because a newer version is already installed.

Did i go right with 2 vc2013 trying to repair? I had the option to repair or unistall. I clicked on repair on both of them. 

then i rebooted and tried to start the download again but got the same error.

Message 3 of 6 (7,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also tried (as in other threads mentioned) to run DXSETUP as admin and reeboot. didnt work

Starting origin as administrator: Didnt work either.

I dont know what the problem is but it seems to exist since the release of the game. Kinda confused how it still occures although EA had over a year time to fix it. Seems also like a lot of people have the same problem. It doesnt help if I try things mentioned already in other threads because i already tried all the "solutions" i found.

Pls fix it, tell me how to fix it or give me my money back

Message 4 of 6 (7,001 Views)

Community Manager

@jofifa12

Can you please post the exact error message including any error codes please?

It may also be helpful if you were to post your Dxdiag report here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 6 (6,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright so i disabled my anti virus program during installation and ran the files mentioned before and it finally worked out. But still its kind of annoying to install. It took me 2 days to find out how to install this game. And that with such a big company like EA xd. So just disable anti malware blocker and i was fine

Message 6 of 6 (6,953 Views)