NFS Payback Slow Motion Bug

by Brenn9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Payback Slow Motion Bug

★★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Payback
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Game runs in slow motion after about 30 mins of play.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Brenn9
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? every day
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) anytime I play the game for more than about 10 minutes
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, doesn't matter what you do, just play and it will happen everytime. Sometimes it maybe take up to 40 minutes, sometimes it could happen after 10 minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game runs in slow motion, a race that usually would take less than 2 minutes, takes over 4 minutes. Everything still works just at less than half the speed it should. The only way to fix it is to quit the game and start again. It was extremely inconvenient because I had the game on trial so this bug wasted a lot of my time in the trial version of the game and was the reason I did not buy the game as this is not acceptable condition.
What do you expect to see? I expect you to at least check the trial version of the game for this bug and I expect you to fix this bug as it has lost you sales.
Please select your region Europe
Were you connected to other players when the bug occurred? No

I don't know if the game was online or not, I didn't purposely go online myself, but maybe the game does it automatically. I only play single player games.

I don't have the trial anymore so I have nothing more to share unfortunately. If you find the problem and fix it, I will consider buying the game.

Message 1 of 12 (9,311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Payback Slow Motion Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It is definitely the trial version of the game. I had the exact same issue when playing the trial. EA told me my system was the blame. But I thought this was unlikely as I have yet found a game that does not run 60fps on at least high settings at 1080p. And I play a LOT of modern games. Anyways I talked to someone who had the same problem and it went away when they got the full version. I took a chance and sure enough 5 hours on ultra @ 1080p no issues at all. Hope this helps..

P.S. EA fix this bug in the trial version. You are losing a ton of business because of it....

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (10,755 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Brenn9

This sounds like an overheating issue with your hardware, the easiest way to check is with an App called Speccy.

barry.png
Message 2 of 12 (9,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Hi, sorry I forgot to mention, my hardware is all running perfectly. No FPS drops (I tried limiting the fps to 60, but usually get over 100. It had no noticeable effect on how long the game would take to go into slow motion), no change in temps on GPU or CPU and the GPU didn't show any changes in speed.

If it was my hardware overheating, quiting the game and starting it up instantly would not fix the problem, as it would still be overheating, or would take a shorter time to experience the problem the next time. It could last up to around 40 mins before it happens sometimes. 

From memory it only happens after the car is stopped, or just after coming to a stop, but I'm not 100% sure.

It can also happen while in the garage too, the menus all start move very slowly and in the tuning shop the gambling wheel thing takes a very long time to complete.

It's almost always happens after completing a race. 

I tried alt tabbing out and back into the game, running in windowed mode and verified the game cache in origin, it didn't fix the slow motion too.

There's another guy had the same problem as me with the trial too.

My Pc pecs

GTX1080

i7 3770k

16GB RAM

Windows 10

Message 3 of 12 (9,209 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry

Have a look at this thread. Afew more people with the same problem and all on the trial version of the game.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/nfs-payback-SLOW-MO-LAG/m-p/6714536#M4008
Message 4 of 12 (9,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It is definitely the trial version of the game. I had the exact same issue when playing the trial. EA told me my system was the blame. But I thought this was unlikely as I have yet found a game that does not run 60fps on at least high settings at 1080p. And I play a LOT of modern games. Anyways I talked to someone who had the same problem and it went away when they got the full version. I took a chance and sure enough 5 hours on ultra @ 1080p no issues at all. Hope this helps..

P.S. EA fix this bug in the trial version. You are losing a ton of business because of it....

Message 5 of 12 (10,756 Views)

★★★ Novice
Their terrible support has lost them a customer here.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just bots that suggest different hardware problems based on key words.
Message 6 of 12 (9,112 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

sooo it's May and there is still no fix on the trial version? It is definitely not my system either, as I have sufficient hardware to play BF 1 on 4k and Ultrasetting with 60+fps...

Slow Mow in the Trial version sucks! Won't buy the full game, even though I heard it isn't affected.

Message 7 of 12 (8,169 Views)

★ Novice

It's still happening here, I can't imagine the amount of business they have likely lost]

Message 8 of 12 (7,885 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just got the trial and I'm experiencing this ultra annoying issue too.

After NFS Most Wanted, and Rivals not working at all, I most definitely won't be buying Payback.

Losing sales here EA. Fix your trial!
Message 9 of 12 (7,639 Views)

★ Novice
Same problems here.
I'm stuck on the trial version atm even though I have origin access.
Message 10 of 12 (7,585 Views)