Re: NFS PS4 data transfer to PS5?

by RightousKill17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS PS4 data transfer to PS5?

★★★ Novice

So. Does EA not recognize your account when changing from PS4 to PS5? Started the game up on PS5 and I'm back to level 1, and need to start over again. Am I just SoL at this point and should delete the game now or what?

Message 1 of 17 (24,961 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

So I figured it out. The EA account is there for no reason at all. Data doesnt even save to that. Go on your PS4, go to settings --> Application saved data, and find the setting to copy data to a usb device. Move.your ps4 data on to usb. Plug usb in to ps5, then upload from usb to console storage. Finally got my.account going and I dont have to start over. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (24,909 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Yes I’m having the same issue as well. I literally refuse to restart, hopefully we will receive an update so we could transfer our data over.

Message 2 of 17 (24,923 Views)

★★★ Novice

Seems to be an EA issue in general. Same applies to Payback, or any EA game I play. Seems after so many years the still cant figure out how an account is supposed to work, and transferable data. 

Message 3 of 17 (24,919 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I figured it out. The EA account is there for no reason at all. Data doesnt even save to that. Go on your PS4, go to settings --> Application saved data, and find the setting to copy data to a usb device. Move.your ps4 data on to usb. Plug usb in to ps5, then upload from usb to console storage. Finally got my.account going and I dont have to start over. 

Message 4 of 17 (24,910 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@RightousKill17 What if I don’t have access to the PS4 no more. Can I use my friend PS4 which have my account on it?
Message 5 of 17 (24,544 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another option, if you go to your saved data on your PS5, there is an option to download from either PS4, or PS5 from cloud storage. Most of my games were also backed up there. 

Message 6 of 17 (24,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I still can’t transfer my data over to the ps5, I have a USB flash drive & PS Plus Cloud. I see I have 71mb data saved & it transfer over but still making me play off of lvl 1 new game with nothing. I go to my data & it adds 10mb for game progression, really EA I’m so upset with this bs. 

Message 7 of 17 (22,198 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now I lost all my old data on my PS4, go * yourself EA. I’m completely done, literally wasted hours.

Message 8 of 17 (22,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

PLEASE READ!!

Hey dude I’ve been searching forums frantically because my heart legit dropped when I realized I started with the same old beginning cutscenes. So I hope this helps, I’m gnna do them by steps to make it as easy as possible and break it down Barney style. 1)Pop in /and or download need for speed.

2)make sure it’s updated by pressing options over the title and check for update.

3)once it’s up to date, scroll up on the same sub-category menu of the need for speed title.

4)should be the third option from the top, “UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD SAVED DATA” select that option.

5) once selected, it will bring you to an option between console storage with a ps5 logo to the left of it and underneath, the second option is cloud storage with the PlayStation plus logo with a cloud to the left and the word “download” to the right.

6)select the second option at the bottom”download”.

7)once you select “download” it will ask “download all or select and download”, choose the “select and download” option.

8)Once you do that it will bring you to a screen of all the files for need for speed that you have saved on the PlayStation plus cloud.

9) check off all the boxes next to the files and select download.

10)once all have been downloaded, start up the need for speed game and cross your fingers.

Alright dude I really really really hope this works!

ps. If you’ve never had PlayStation plus prior to playing need for speed or atleast have the option of automatically upload data to cloud whilst playing need for speed at any given time whilst on your old ps4, I’m afraid none of this will work. HOPE SOMEONE FINDS THIS USEFUL!!

Message 9 of 17 (21,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked thank you!

Message 10 of 17 (18,292 Views)