Re: NFS Heat won’t launch

by Agent_Craftwork

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Heat won’t launch

★★★ Novice

Hi EA. This is by no means the first time this has happened, me buying a game that doesn’t work. When a game is released, it should be able to function 100% perfectly, 100% of the time. I should not have to spend hours on hours trying to figure out why NEED FOR SPEED HEAT’S INITIAL LOADING SCREEN LITERALLY LASTS FOR DECADES. I could let my computer sit here for 20 years and it would still be loading. The music works just fine, the game and settings and options before you start playing works just fine, but it never, ever progresses past the loading screen. Since I can’t get my money back for this game because I bought it from a third party source (G2a) I demand a hasty and direct answer and fix for my problem. Why will my game not launch? Why does it repeatedly lose connection as I try to play the game? Why even after trying ten things to make it work, it still doesn’t work?

Message 1 of 11 (2,926 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Well, I finally got it to work. I noticed, when the game was having the loading problem, there would be no nfs gear logo in the bottom right of the screen, and when the game is working, there is. I unplugged my Logitech G29 and it seemed to make the game start working. I don’t really know what exactly made it work or if it’ll break again but it seems to be just fine now. If people in the future have this issue, try launching the game with your wheel disconnected and then relaunch with the wheel connected when it works.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (2,810 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
@Agent_Craftwork
when you have installed your game it worked? Or didn't it at all?
Message 2 of 11 (2,912 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply @Rotblut. I purchased the game last night, downloaded it via the origin launcher, and launched it as soon as it was done downloading. I can navigate the initial game menu just fine, settings, accessibility, singleplayer/online mode, etc. But when I click online or singleplayer, it takes me into a loading screen with music. When that loading screen is done and the loading bar is all the way full, the screen won't progress past that, it just sits there indefinitely. I know dozens of people have had this problem, and I'm going to provide a list of things that DIDNT work for me: I tried changing the game from fullscreen to borderless, and then windowed. No change. I tried launching the game 10 times and it never got past that loading screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the origin launcher, no change. I only got this for PC because the cheapest one for ps4 was 60 dollars and I paid 18 for this origin key, but I have had similar issues with Forza Horizon 4 not wanting to launch or load properly. What is going on?

Message 3 of 11 (2,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I try launching the game, every single time I get a message that says "disconnected from session" if I try to play online and "you have lost connection to EA." regardless. The sooner this issue is resolved, the sooner I will be able to play the game I paid for. Seems like EA really likes releasing unplayable games and stealing people's money.

Message 4 of 11 (2,882 Views)

★ Pro
@Agent_Craftwork xcuse to ask but you match the minimum requirements? Look here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/NFS-heat-won-t-launch/m-p/8398324/highlight/true#M197

Don't get mad on me i'll stay on your side and try to find a solution. I like that challenge!
Message 5 of 11 (2,881 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just tried launching the game and it blue screened my computer.

Message 6 of 11 (2,873 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m not mad at you and appreciate your help, I’m just sick and tired of paying for games that don’t work. I can’t look at my computers specs until it’s done with the blue screen, but I know that it has a GTX 970 in it and 16 gb of ram

Message 7 of 11 (2,862 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here are my specs

Message 8 of 11 (2,853 Views)

★ Pro
@Agent_Craftwork that should be enough
Message 9 of 11 (2,822 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, I finally got it to work. I noticed, when the game was having the loading problem, there would be no nfs gear logo in the bottom right of the screen, and when the game is working, there is. I unplugged my Logitech G29 and it seemed to make the game start working. I don’t really know what exactly made it work or if it’ll break again but it seems to be just fine now. If people in the future have this issue, try launching the game with your wheel disconnected and then relaunch with the wheel connected when it works.

Message 10 of 11 (2,811 Views)