NFS Heat stutters/Lag Spikes

by InfinityVive

Original Post

NFS Heat stutters/Lag Spikes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So I have recently bought NFS Heat and started playing it and I have found a very annoying problem, It's the lag spikes problem, I get 60 FPS almost all the time with a mixture of low and medium graphic settings on 1280x1024 resolution (my monitor 5:4) and I have this game installed on HDD...

I tried settings the game to bare minimum settings and it didn't solve the problem, Also I noticed bouncing GPU usage while I am playing for some reason... here's are some captures of what MSI Afterburner recorded...

My PC specs:

-i5 4590

-8 GB RAM Dual channel 1600 MHz

-Radeon RX 570 4 GB

Software: AMD Adrenaline 2020 20.2.1, Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Message 1 of 6 (11,101 Views)

Re: NFS Heat stutters/Lag Spikes

Community Manager

@InfinityVive 

Your maximum frametime is reaching around 1.3 seconds, that is extraordinarily high.

Maybe your hard drive is the issue, you should check it for errors and do a Defragmentation.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (11,041 Views)

★★★ Novice

How can I check my HDD for errors?

Message 3 of 6 (11,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@InfinityViveThere are multiple ways but easiest way might be installing defraggler. Defragging will only help on HDD not on SSD. You can analyze all drives with it. With defraggler you can defrag you whole drive or select a folder. Quickdefrag is recommended and can take up 1 hour, normal defrag can take up 9 hours which I sometimes do over night, and a folder usually takes up less time and it depends on the size. Crystall disk info is also a good tool for checking problems with your drive.

Message 4 of 6 (10,994 Views)

Community Manager

@InfinityVive 

The standard utility is to use the Chkdsk command line tool:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/chkdsk

barry.png
Message 5 of 6 (10,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How to Fix Stuttering & Lagging in Need For Speed Heat? | Need For Speed Heat Performance Fix for FPS Drops & Tweaks Guide!

https://letsmakeiteasy.tech/how-to-fix-stuttering-lagging-in-need-for-speed-heat-need-for-speed-heat...

Message 6 of 6 (7,104 Views)