Re: NFS Heat not launching

by illegalSubwoofer

Original Post

NFS Heat not launching

★★★ Novice

I have tried all day to fix my NFS Heat.

I dosent wanna launch at all when i hit play it loads up to a black screen stays there for maybe 10seconds after that it just closes.

I have talked all day with @eahelp on twitter they have tried everything they can and didnt get closer to making the game launch.

I have
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU
16gb RAM
RTX 2070 Graphic card
Windows 10
And i have DirectX 12

Somebody that can help me with this?

I have some pictures from the start of the conversation with eahelp on twitter.

Message 1 of 21 (66,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is the DXDiag for my system

Message 2 of 21 (66,079 Views)

Community Manager

@illegalSubwoofer 

Perform a clean install of this "Studio" driver set: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/153217/en-us

Perform a clean boot before starting the game: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 or http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Your machine may be defaulting to the video processing on your CPU rather than your GPU.

Make sure your display is connected to your video card and not your motherboard and then follow these steps:

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need For Speed Heat\NeedForSpeedHeat.exe
  6. Select NeedForSpeedHeat.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know if you are good to go. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 21 (66,010 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry It dosent seem to help :/
Message 4 of 21 (65,979 Views)

★★ Novice

Seem like it’s happening to me as well 

game close by itself after try to click play 

it show black screen for few sec then close

Message 5 of 21 (65,873 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @illegalSubwoofer  @BLVCKxTRVP, are you running any overlays? 

What you can also try remove the document folder for Need for Speed:HEAT, and start the game up. 

• Looking at the Dxdiag photos you added, a quick question is this a work PC? I'm asking incase you are on corporate network that can cause some funky issues with starting games sometimes. 
  • Do you have OneDrive on the PC if yes  try worth turning it of. 
  • Also make sure that your running as admin in windows and starting Need for Speed:HEAT. 
  • Last question is anything overclocked? 

Let me know if there is anything helping out! 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 21 (65,769 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What about on console?! I spent $70 on this game last Thursday and can’t get the game to accept the “a” button at start. My controller works with all my other games 3 being NFS titles. Can’t get in touch with anyone as to a fix and can’t get a refund on the game. 

Message 7 of 21 (62,223 Views)

@kobbone24 wrote:

What about on console?! I spent $70 on this game last Thursday and can’t get the game to accept the “a” button at start. My controller works with all my other games 3 being NFS titles. Can’t get in touch with anyone as to a fix and can’t get a refund on the game. 

This is currently an on-going issue for Xbox One users playing NFS Heat.

Link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Data-Collection-Xbox-Cannot-get-past-quot-Sign-in-as-quot... 

There is a temporary workaround for this issue in the link above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 21 (62,215 Views)

★ Novice

After this update your game will not load up on xbox one at all. So are you going to be able to fix this as there's no more ghost. So what are you doing about the problem. You eahelp staff are rude calling me thick. I must use official controllers ie I use elite v1 and elite v2 pads so there not official xbox controllers then eh.. Staff name was boss. So I ask again are you fixing the problem or not. 

Message 9 of 21 (61,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue and sometimes the game just launches randomly.. and if I exit and try again it would be back how it used to be. 

Message 10 of 21 (59,983 Views)