Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

NFS Heat is not launching on Steam

by fastbyte17

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

NFS Heat is not launching on Steam

★★★ Newbie

I bought NFS Heat Deluxe Edition on Steam and it launched perfectly the first time with Big Picture Mode. However, the next time I tried to launch it, it didn't launch and it was hanging up on a black window. I tried verifying the integrity of game files and there was nothing missing. I reinstalled the game and that did not solve the problem either. The game however launches perfectly when launched through Origin. I want to be able to play it through Steam as I bought it there. Please help me

Message 1 of 6 (1,638 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Heat is not launching on Steam

Community Manager

Hey, @fastbyte17  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Need for speed: HEAT  and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Atic.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP.  

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,622 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, @fastbyte17  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Need for speed: HEAT  and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Atic.png

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (1,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good Day @EA_Atic 

I have recently joined EA Play I have paid for a 12 month contract on steam, and I am having troubles with NFS Heat. 

I cant launch the game via steam I have to launch it from Origin and sometimes it gives me a black screen and nothing happens, when it does work and I close it, it says I am still playing the game on steam and there is no trace that the application is open. I have to restart my pc for it to stop saying I'm playing the game. 

Is there anyway that I can have my EA Play moved to Origin. 

Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (1,085 Views)

★★ Novice
Game will not start - black windowed box, no music, ALT+ENTER does not work.
Ok so I got the game working ONCE yesterday, and that was after deactivating my antivirus. When I do the same now (deactivate Kaspersky, my antivirus) it will only launch a black windowed box. I've been looking for a solution for so long but I just cant get it to work. ALT+ENTER does nothing, updated windows, gpu drivers, turning antivirus off.

When I close the window the game is still running in the background, using 40% cpu. I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue but I dont think it is.

Pc specs;
I7-4790K
32GB 2400MHz XMP DDR3
GTX 980 Ti MSI GAMING X
MSI GAMING mATX mobo
Game is installed on a Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD.

Reinstalled the game multiple times - on my SSD and HDD, same result.

I have the game on Steam and I have the monthly EA subscription.
Message 4 of 6 (1,012 Views)

Community Manager
@GestoordeBanaan @TLC036 Could you try running Need for Speed: Heat as Admin and see if that helps.

/Atic
Atic.png

Message 5 of 6 (493 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I have already had this issue fixed for quite a while. 

The cause was Logitech G-Hub. Exiting it in the bottom right corner of my windows task bar (right-clicking on the logo and then clicking 'quit') fixed it for me.

Message 6 of 6 (475 Views)
Twitter Stream