NFS Heat, PC Crash

by arattan99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Heat, PC Crash

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm trying to run NFS Heat, I've played it in the past but because of lack of time I uninstalled it however recently I tried to re-install and play it but my PC Crashes before the game fully loads.  This is the only game that causes me to crash, I have no problems with anything else.  I bought the digital deluxe edition on steam but I've played it before without any issues so I don't think where I purchased it should matter.

PC Info:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Intel Core i5 7500 @ 3.40GHz

16.0GB DDR4-2666MHz

6GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

1TB HDD

There is no crash log as the pc fully crashes before the game even loads up I just see the black screen of the game going full screen and then my PC instantly crashes.  Right before my PC crashes, I can audibly hear my fans speeding up which is leading me to believe that the CPU is overheating but I don't see why that would happen as this doesn't happen with any other game.

Message 1 of 2 (400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Heat, PC Crash

EA DICE Team

Hey, @arattan99  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with HEAT and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (332 Views)

All Replies

Re: NFS Heat, PC Crash

EA DICE Team

Hey, @arattan99  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with HEAT and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 2 (333 Views)