November 2019 - last edited November 2019
I may have a solution to your problem although it will only be temporary until the game is patched.
Steps to fixing this issue -
- Power down your PS4
- When powering up your PS4. Hold down the power button until your console beeps for a second time. It will bring up a safe mode menu
- Connect your PS4 controller to the console with the USB Charging cord that you receive with the console. Press the PS button
- A menu selection will come up with a few different selections. Go down to the "Rebuild Database" option and select "yes". Your console will then go through the process of rebuilding your database. DO NOT SHUT OFF THE PS4 DURING THIS PROCESS OR YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR ENTIRE HARD DRIVE!!!!
- After your PS4 is done performing the rebuild database operation. Go back into NFS Heat, and select "Solo Session" in the main menu. Once you are inside of the garage in the game. Back out to the main menu
- Once you are at the main menu. Select the "online session" option. It will probably state that your local inventory doesn't match the one online. It will also probably prompt you to upload your local one. If this does occur then select "yes". It should allow you to go online afterwards.
I believe the issue that you are encountering is from data corruption. Many people do not know about this, but there's an autosave feature that performs it's operation at the most inconvenient times in this game that could potentially cause your data to corrupt should your game crash. Also it can occur from having a hard disconnect to the online servers. I've ran into something similar to this on NFS MW 2012 where there was an autosave feature that would activate at the most ridiculous times, and when I would go to exit the game there were times it would activate without me realizing it. It would also occur when my game froze as well sometimes. Which in turn would cause my save data to corrupt. So then I would have to go through the process of restoring my game's data by performing the rebuild database operation, and then everything would be restored. It sometimes would correct some of the error codes that I would encounter with online connectivity.
I hope this helps, and hopefully a more permanent solution will come out once the Ghost Devs get their act together.
Yeah that's one of the first things I tried. It's been more than a week and I can't play online or access any online features because of this item inventory synchronization error. It's everytime I get into the game. This is horrible.
I have no idea. This has to be the worst thing that has happened to me personally as a gamer. It's been more than a week and I can't do anything online. Absolutely nothing. We've all been bitching for more than a week and Ghost and EA have done nothing. This game is gonna end up in the bin if this doesn't get fixed.
I'm willing to bet that they're not even going to fix this issue. We all just have to accept that EA robbed us for this game. I'll never buy another EA game after wasting $75 on this. It was amazing... the first game in years that I took the time to get 100 percent completion.. like I still cant get over the fact that I had EVERYTHING in the game and after two weeks my save is STILL gone. We haven't heard anything from EA in how long?!