Re: NFS Heat Bad Graphics?

by Sjonny30

Original Post

NFS Heat Bad Graphics?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I bought the game like an hour ago and spent not more than 30 minutes playing it. The game looks awful graphics wise. I am playing it at 1080p full Utra settings and the environment, terrain etc look horrible. Why is that? Am I missing something or is there a fix?

Here are 2 screenshots. Can't upload them here, because they are too large. https://imgur.com/a/6xjSlk4

I can't even refund it, because it is not appearing as a game that's eligible for refund, eventho I bought it an hour ago and don't have over an hour of play time, so there's also that..

Message 1 of 18 (27,315 Views)

★ Pro
@OperatorHesh I have the same problem and complained about this since launch. I can make the game look a little better for you. If you have NVIDIA go to the control panel and force 16x anisotropic filtering and set texture filtering quality to highest quality. Try to defrag the game using defraggler (if you have the game on an SSD don't do this!). Install defraggler and right click on the game folder defrag. Set reflections to the highest same for depth of field. For texture quality just set it to your liking and relaunch the game. This doesn't fix everything but it makes your experience a littlebit better. TAA is the most effective AA form but still leaves aliasing present and increasing the res scaler can help but isn't the best solution for everyone. This game uses postfx like chromatic abberation, sharpening and filmgrain and these can't be turned off!
Message 2 of 18 (27,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response, man, I will try this, see how it looks and report feedback later. But, as for the ingame settings, literally every single one was ultra or the highest possible

Message 3 of 18 (27,271 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Whenever i compare the graphics between heat and forza horizen 4 ill be disappointed 😑

Message 4 of 18 (27,255 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Sjonny30  I did all this and it does look a little bit better, I think, but it's still nowhere near as good as it should be for a NFS game in 2019. Still think Payback has MUCH better graphics.

@falcon-9279You can't even compare them graphics-wise, this one looks like a game from 2005 compared to FH4 lmao

Message 5 of 18 (27,243 Views)

★ Pro
@OperatorHesh yeah I highly agree with you. The graphics should be way better. If they remove the chromatic abberation, sharpening and filmgrain the game already looks miles better. They should also improve the anti aliasing. FXAA does nothing and the sharpening makes the aliasing more aparent. TAA kinda works but it leaves aliasing present whilst being blurry and having ugly trailing artifacts. The game assets take almost a full minute to load in completely. It is a big mess. The game has more issues tho, but I am not gonna mention that since this is only talking about the graphics.
Message 6 of 18 (27,219 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, man @Sjonny30 I hope they have plans on improving the graphics. The NFS from 2015 is even worse than this graphics-wise, but they never fixed it, so im lowkey scared lol

Message 7 of 18 (27,209 Views)

★ Pro
@OperatorHesh Atleast you were able to disable some postfx in the previous need for speed games I have seen. With this game there is no way for us players to disable them. Only thing I have seen is that shader effect mod which ruins the games look even more.
Message 8 of 18 (27,131 Views)

★★ Novice

Agreed to all.  I have a GTX2060 and am playing in 1080...so my graphics card is well beyond the capability of this game’s current settings, but the aliasing and graininess artifacts in this game make me feel like I’m playing in 800x600.  Even NFS whatever, from 5 years ago, with a GTX1060i in this same PC, looks light years better visually.  How is this even possible in 2020????  (Or, Nov. 2019)?  It’s like they completely broke the game.  What, did they hurry the release and use low res models & textures just to push it out the door???   My first 20 minute impression, in spite of my high hopes, was that this game is total garbage.  It’s pretty awful.  I bought it on sale for $20.00 and I am absolutely positive that I should have bought Anthem instead...especially since it was $8.00!  But I’ve been a NFS fan since the 1990’s and gave them the benefit of the doubt.  Boy did I make a mistake! This game looks like s**t!

Message 9 of 18 (26,359 Views)

★ Pro
@Rockettman74 No don't bother with Anthem. Anthem is also a pile of ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
Message 10 of 18 (26,321 Views)