NFS HEAT - Crashing Xbox Series X (affecting SSD/other games?)

by alamsas

Original Post

Re: Nfs heat wont launch (xbox series x)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry I haven't reinstalled it yet. I think I'm probably just going to let this one pass me by. I loved the game, but I probably won't end up playing it again for a few months. Hopefully when I decide to jump back on there will be a fix in place. I'll definitely be on the lookout for any new entries in the series that are built for the PS5 and Series X. 

Message 31 of 47 (1,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

any updates on if that fixed it or not?

Message 32 of 47 (1,591 Views)

Community Manager

@alilee1113 

Have you tried all the steps provided in this thread? This appears to lean towards a hardware issue that can be corrected through troubleshooting as others have successfully done in the thread. 

Blueberry.png
Message 33 of 47 (1,556 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well. And only Need For Speed Heat. The game freezes everyday for me. I uninstalled it. It's a shame because I like this NFS and love the Need for Speed franchise,  played every Need for Speed since Underground.  Brand new Xbox Series X since last week, every game is fine but this one. This is a game issue, no troubleshoot will fix this. Gamertag is Kouhad. Happens day time, night time, solo, online, during a race, not during a race. I can play for  hours straight, or just 20 minutes, then boom freeze or audio loss with graphical errors. 

Message 34 of 47 (1,539 Views)

Re: NFS HEAT - Crashing Xbox Series X (affecting SSD/other games?)

★★★ Newbie
@alamsas It’s sad that we can “progress” in technology in the consoles about the amount of bugs is huge I have this problem with a few game is very frustrating coming from the original Xbox in 2013 not having these problems to this how so basically we sacrificed functionality for quality in our games it’s a sad sad conclusion
Message 35 of 47 (1,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game is practically unplayable. How can we get this sorted . Besides the sound failing that usually triggers it to crash. I have no uploaded profile pic and no usb attached and nothing but the basics on this is ridiculous. 

Message 36 of 47 (1,411 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here as all the others. No added hardware to the console, getting black screens and freezes. Just tried the hard reset. Tag is XxDIExNASTYxX

Message 37 of 47 (1,278 Views)

Community Manager

@XxDIExNASTYxX 

Thank you for the details. One question I have for you all here, are you currently in the Xbox Preview Program/Beta? 

Blueberry.png
Message 38 of 47 (1,260 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think at this point you guys at EA need to realize that the people in this thread are just normal users who aren't in any kind of beta or have a bunch of accessories attached to the console or are doing any other configuration of irregular things with our Xbox. We are simply trying to play NFS Heat on a Series X and running in to bugs that break the entire experience. I'm playing this from Gamepass, but if I had paid money I would have been asking for a refund months ago. I don't have it installed anymore because I got sick of the run around. The game is broken. Several of us have confirmed this for you over and over. I suspect your dev team needs to look at whether the game is properly coded to handle running from an SSD instead of a standard HDD. If you end up doing an X|S upgrade, you need to prioritize this bug. It sucks, and I refuse to install the game again until I have confirmation that it's fixed. 

Message 39 of 47 (1,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any news on this?  I’m sick to death of losing huge amounts of rep at night. 

Message 40 of 47 (1,118 Views)