Re: Nfs heat wont launch (xbox series x)

by ScRaTcH099

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I have absolutely nothing plugged to my Xbox Series X and the game is crashing or loose its sound so often that I'm starting to really be pissed about it. The frustration of having to restart a whole career mission because of a crash or after accumulating a lot of Rep is just unbearable now.

And what am I seeing here ? The post is from last January and only a special sports games CM passed by asking for absurd questions.

It is time to give us answers. And a fix !

Message 41 of 47 (1,550 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm relieved but also disappointed that this many people are experiencing this issue. I ended up finishing the game on my Xbox One because I didn't want to risk bricking my Series X. 

I wouldn't keep my hopes up for any proper fix though considering Ghost left EA a long time ago (which is why we're not getting any QOL updates because it's a dead game with no devs) 

Maybe a workaround will come up one day. Keep trying folks! 

Message 42 of 47 (1,523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It just crashed on me while I was doing great with a ton of REP. (I was going for the 1 million Rep achievement.)

You can easily guess how pissed I am about it.

The game crashed while I was using a long jump. Then, it moved forward a bit frame after frame and after a little while, I was able to play again for a few seconds while the sound was crashing too.

Then, crashed again. Waited for a good while, hearing sometimes the sound for a split second like it was trying to come back and it was the game itself working again but without the sound. Was able to drive for something like 30 seconds and then crashed again. For an even longer wait this time. Sometimes, like the sound, the frame is moving a bit like it want to come to life again but without success. So after a long wait, I was able to move my car again. I quickly bring her to the nearest garage to hope for my Rep to register. That I did just in time to see the "End of Night" then while fading to the garage, crashed again. Waited a very long time again for the game to get back to life again and make sure it saves my Rep. And when it did, I closed it and rebooted my XSX.

By the way, I did a hard reset to factory of my XSX before having this unfortunate gaming session so to prove it once again the PROBLEM IS NOT FROM US.

Here's a screenshot when the game crashed originally in this session.

Message 43 of 47 (1,516 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yo Criterion ! Come take over the forums and the NFS Heat support ! We need your help, capable hands, to fix this game and I cross my finger for you to make NFS great again with the next iteration !

That's just unacceptable to let down NFS Heat for so long for people that play it on next gen consoles !

I don't have a Xbox One anymore so if I want to play the game, it is on XSX and currently (and since the Xbox Series came out) the game is broken on it ! So do something ! Thank you.

Message 44 of 47 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game for me is literally unplayable for me  crashes every 15-20 minutes uninstalled the game reinstalled moved to external nothing works luckily I downloaded from game pass or I’d be p**sed 

Message 45 of 47 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just experienced the issue now 

I bought this game on my brother's Xbox 1 2 years ago and I uploaded onto my Xbox series X last year and I only really started playing it this week .

Yesterday I was playing for about an hour , then the game restarted on it own and there was no sound 10 minutes before it did that.

Today I was doing the last drift challange in the night mision story and it froze at 69 % of the race.

I play NFS 2016 alot and clocked the game sometime I play for 3 hours and happens.

Please help.

I dont have anything external connected to the device ever.

Message 46 of 47 (726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys I think I found a fix for the game crashing, I believe that the 4k resolution makes the game crash. I did some settings change on my game and I’ve been playing for consecutive 5 hrs without crashing. 

heres what I did, go to my games and app> select the game and press the menu button (button that has three lines)>manage game and add ons>compatibility options>go to settings> unmark allow 4k.

might be a bit late for recommendations🤣

please let me know if that works.

cheers

Message 47 of 47 (385 Views)