Re: Nfs heat wont launch (xbox series x)

by COMINEEYEAHA

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:
@COMINEEYEAHADo you have your power plugged into the wall or a surge protector?

Surge protector

Message 21 of 47 (1,210 Views)

Community Manager

Hey good morning, @COMINEEYEAHA. I didn't catch your last message before I had to take off for the day.

I had an issue a while back with my Xbox One X prior to getting the Series X where it was a total black screen when I started up the console. I thought it was a goner because I tried power cycling, factory resetting it by holding down the button on the console for 15 seconds, and switching out HDMI cables. What actually fixed it was unplugging the surge protector from the wall and also unplugging the power cable from the Xbox out of the surge protector. There must have been some electric issue that caused the screen to remain black. 

Not entirely sure if this is the same case for you and the newer console, but maybe it could be related. We're not aware of any of our games causing significant crashes like this that can also translate to other games on the console. It sounds more console related. There is another thread with a player that experienced the same thing as you whom was able to fix it with a power cycle. I'll relay the steps again below to ensure they were properly followed. 

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Blueberry.png
Message 22 of 47 (1,206 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am very familiar with those steps because I have had to do it several times when need for speed crashes on me. This is the only game it happens to. Any time I have performance problems on other games, it’s only because I didn’t do a hard reboot after NFS crashed. I’ve played a lot of games on my Series X (thanks gamepass) and everything else works perfectly fine. 

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Hey good morning, @COMINEEYEAHA. I didn't catch your last message before I had to take off for the day.

I had an issue a while back with my Xbox One X prior to getting the Series X where it was a total black screen when I started up the console. I thought it was a goner because I tried power cycling, factory resetting it by holding down the button on the console for 15 seconds, and switching out HDMI cables. What actually fixed it was unplugging the surge protector from the wall and also unplugging the power cable from the Xbox out of the surge protector. There must have been some electric issue that caused the screen to remain black. 

Not entirely sure if this is the same case for you and the newer console, but maybe it could be related. We're not aware of any of our games causing significant crashes like this that can also translate to other games on the console. It sounds more console related. There is another thread with a player that experienced the same thing as you whom was able to fix it with a power cycle. I'll relay the steps again below to ensure they were properly followed. 

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Message 23 of 47 (1,190 Views)

Community Manager
@COMINEEYEAHA

I know it's not ideal, but have you considered a factory reset to see if going back to default settings plays a factor? 2 players in this thread were able to fix it with a power cycle, perhaps running through it one more time might do the trick?
Blueberry.png
Message 24 of 47 (1,178 Views)

★★★★ Novice

One more time is very unlikely to fix this because I've done it at least 15 times. Doing a factory reset of my entire xbox is a hard sell when this issue is limited to one single video game. 

Message 25 of 47 (1,176 Views)

Community Manager
@COMINEEYEAHA

Agree, which is why I don't want you to go that route for one game unless it's one you absolutely want to play. I don't want you to feel like a guinea pig either. At this point I feel like we're tapped out on troubleshooting steps though and we'll need to start gathering Gamertags to see if we can find a common denominator among the accounts that are impacted. If you want to drop your Gamertag below we can pass it along to the teams here that will review them for bug tracking.

I really appreciate you patiently going through the troubleshooting steps with me and wish we could have come to a solution.

If anyone else comes across a solution please share it here.
Blueberry.png
Message 26 of 47 (1,170 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My gamertag is the same as my username here, comineeyeaha

Message 27 of 47 (1,168 Views)

★★ Novice
clear alternate MAC address under network settings in the menu. It seems to be working now and hasn’t frozen (yet).
Message 28 of 47 (1,112 Views)

Community Manager

@PiotrTrochowski9 wrote:
clear alternate MAC address under network settings in the menu. It seems to be working now and hasn’t frozen (yet).

@COMINEEYEAHA 

Does this work for you?

Thanks for sharing, @PiotrTrochowski9 

Blueberry.png
Message 29 of 47 (1,090 Views)

★★ Novice

You're welcome.

Message 30 of 47 (1,059 Views)