Re: Early access save game

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NEED FOR SPEED UNBOUND NOT SAVING PROGRESS ON PC

★★★ Novice

so only playing story mode on the pc. after playing for a whole day and progressing pretty far i quit using the in game menu and turn off my pc. the next day I go to continue my save and its not there. i do see a file in the save game in the documents. but when i load the game it just gives me the option to start new story. so i decided to go thru the game again new story. all they way till the 2 years later. i finish the pick up chick mission and then did the quit again thru the in-game menu and again the save is not there and it wants me to start over. 

Message 14 of 39 (5,683 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Post marked as Solution for player visibility in order to Collect Information. Please read.

Hi, thanks for the posts on this. We have created a survey for gathering info from PC players reporting this, we would appreciate if you could fill out the survey here:

Need for Speed™ Unbound Progression Investigation

EDIT: Thank you for your contributions and for the info given, this survey link has now been archived. 

For console players, please check out this thread.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 15 of 39 (8,176 Views)

All Replies

Early access save game

★★★ Newbie

It's the first time I'm playing a game in early access, so I dont really see through the concept of early access. I've played the game yesterday(nov.29) after release for a couple hours, and this morning I'd liked to keep going with some tests and races, but to realize that the game started fully over from the very beginning, asking about new character, settings etc.

Is it supposed to be like that, in early access game resets every day or something just went wrong?

Message 1 of 39 (5,938 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Did you by chance, change from SP to MP, or visa versa, as the 2 modes are separate and you will need to restart from the beginning as such!

Message 2 of 39 (5,907 Views)

Community Manager
@Abowe117 Hey, we moved your thread to a different one which was looking at this.
Can you check Atic and DragonsBladeUK's questions as they may be useful in tracking this?

Thanks.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 39 (5,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sure its not SP & MP switchup, havent tried re-downloading yet. I wanted to try to force sync but according to origin theres no local data to use

Message 4 of 39 (5,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Abowe117, do you have One Drive or Google drive syncing your document folder by any chance?

/Atic

Message 5 of 39 (5,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic 

both removed by win10 debloater, so there shouldnt be any overrides. I checked the Unbound folder in documents, and theres a bunch of folders and files with the yesterday's last use time stamp ( for instance ...Unbound\SaveGame\wraps ). 

-After reinstalling the game, and completing the first race ( prologue only ) it seems it never synced to the cloud ever, (* i'll come back to here) and the new save is overwriting everything locally

*Yesterday I had issues with the game notifying me about connection lost, then came back, lost again a few times, I dont know if its relevant to this case

Message 6 of 39 (5,885 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for the updates. @Abowe117,

@Kingdrosive, where you on singel player or multiplayer?

/Atic
Message 7 of 39 (5,807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic Hey I'm having the same issue on my PC of the game just not saving progress, I have started the single player campaign 3 times now and every time I exit the game and start it back up, I have to start a whole new game, I have checked the local game files and the save data isn't even in them

Message 8 of 39 (5,750 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @PandaNoIkari, do you have One Drive or Google drive syncing your document folder by any chance?

@Kingdrosive, If you go online now is any of your multiplayer progression reset?

@NotRemo, is that for singel player or multiplayer?

/Atic
Message 9 of 39 (5,739 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help