Re: NEED FOR SPEED (2015) Save Files

by most_wanted_adi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NEED FOR SPEED (2015) Save Files

★ Novice

Can I copy my saved NEED FOR SPEED (2015) data because I'm going to format my Hard drive?

Message 1 of 9 (33,397 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @nest6400

Yes in Origin you need to enable Cloud Storage.

With cloud storage, not only can you sign in to your EA account to play your favorite games from any Origin-equipped PC, but you can also pick up and continue playing right from where you left off.

Here’s how it works: Usually, when you save your progress, this information would be stored locally onto the PC that you’re playing on. If you enable cloud storage, your game information will be stored externally on secure EA servers. After you finish a game session, Origin automatically synchronizes your game-generated data. Game syncs also happen when you launch Origin (in case you closed it and missed the previous sync). Origin stores your game-generated data to the cloud with every sync and makes this data available from any PC with Origin installed on a per-Origin-ID basis.

And to Enable Cloud Storage follow this steps https://www.origin.com/en-ie/how-to/cloud-storage

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (40,120 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @nest6400

You can save your data.

-Go to: C \ User's \ Your Username \ Documents\ Need For Speed

-make a copy of the folder "Save

NOTE just in case do this step -How To Enable Cloud Storage https://www.origin.com/en-ie/how-to/cloud-storage

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 9 (33,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you for your time but I don't see a save folder only Screenshots and Settings. Is there something in game I should do ?

Message 3 of 9 (33,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @nest6400

Yes in Origin you need to enable Cloud Storage.

With cloud storage, not only can you sign in to your EA account to play your favorite games from any Origin-equipped PC, but you can also pick up and continue playing right from where you left off.

Here’s how it works: Usually, when you save your progress, this information would be stored locally onto the PC that you’re playing on. If you enable cloud storage, your game information will be stored externally on secure EA servers. After you finish a game session, Origin automatically synchronizes your game-generated data. Game syncs also happen when you launch Origin (in case you closed it and missed the previous sync). Origin stores your game-generated data to the cloud with every sync and makes this data available from any PC with Origin installed on a per-Origin-ID basis.

And to Enable Cloud Storage follow this steps https://www.origin.com/en-ie/how-to/cloud-storage

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 9 (40,121 Views)

EA DICE Team

@nest6400 @yahel_1

Additionally, when you right-click Need for Speed in Origin and select Game Details, you will see a Cloud Storage tab with further information about your save games.

Message 5 of 9 (33,294 Views)

★★ Novice

Need for Speed game missing that tab.
How do I know that game saves is backed up in the cloud?

Message 6 of 9 (26,951 Views)

★ Novice

There is no way to backup the save file as far as I spoke with the EA support.

It's ridiculous that we cannot save the file on the PC. Because it's online ofc, therefore they are not able to restore the data in case you make a mistake like me, sold the car I just bought. I believe if was possible people will hack the game with all nice cars at once.

So do the changes very carefully. There is no way back once you make a mistake.

Message 7 of 9 (25,838 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This is hilarious. How could EA do such an annoying thing? I personally want to start a new career in NFS 2015 but I cannot create a separate profile!!!!!! I have to reset my profile and lose all my cars!!!!!! Why is that EA??? And now I wanted to save the game at least on another place on HDD but I found that there is no save folder.. wtf?? Why you didn't give us a chance to keep an existing profile?????
Message 8 of 9 (21,882 Views)

★ Novice

I see No save file. I have cloud storage enabled, but There is stil only screenshots and settings. am i doing something wrong?

Message 9 of 9 (15,534 Views)