MyPlayer unsigned and forced retirement

by ASUblackngold

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MyPlayer unsigned and forced retirement

★★★★ Novice

This has been a problem since Madden 25! 

Playing with my MyPlayer in franchise mode and was coming to the end of my rookie contract when they, of course, franchise tagged me. So of course, I play another season and win yet another superbowl. Achievements include: 4 superbowl victories, 4 MVPs, 99 overall QB. Towards the end of that 4th season that I was franchise tagged on, I declined the team's contract offer that you can't even see anyways (options are: accept offer, decline offer, wait another week). Therefore, once I won the superbowl and was going into the offseason, I was excited to see the free agent offers come flooding in. What happened instead? No offers, no ability to join a team, and an action area that only allows me to advance the next week or retire. That's like Tom Brady having those achievements in his young prime and not getting a SINGLE team offering him a contract in FA. 

When is this going to be fixed EA?!

This has been happening in every madden since Madden 25! 

Fix your free agency and, better yet, your contract offers in general. Take some notes from 2k! Free agency is AMAZING on NBA 2k19. You've got bidding wars, ability to negotiate, a salary that actually is useful because they use your salary as VC points to improve your player, etc.

I'm definitely not investing any more money into Madden until some real changes happen. This game, besides graphics, has plateaued over the past 4+ years and it's because there's no competition. Keep the actual players in mind when you make the next madden, instead of just putting out last year's madden with a new cover on it. People have been asking for a mix for this "bug"/problem since Madden 25 and nothing has been done. 

Going back to 2k until some change happens. Hope yall take this to heart and actually put in some work for your customers. 

Message 1 of 26 (50,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MyPlayer unsigned and forced retirement

Community Manager

@ASUblackngold 

Retiring is a possible outcome but it should be rare for this to happen given the scenario you were in. I can totally agree with you though how something like this can be disappointing to experience when they're young and have already achieved so much greatness in the NFL. We always pass along the feedback mentioned in these forums to the Madden team so thanks for bringing this up.

Be sure to tune into the live-stream tomorrow for a sneak peak of the Face of the Franchise in Madden 20.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 26 (50,612 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ASUblackngold 

What age was your player? The higher you reach in age the more likely they could retire. Tom Brady is one of the best quarterbacks of all time and there aren't a large pool of players competing at a high level over 40 years old. Most that can are Hall of Fame contenders.

With 4 Super Bowl victories and 5 MVPs, perhaps the player felt any deals were worth to continuing playing and ride off into the sunset on a good note. Broadcasting deal? Wink

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 26 (50,633 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was his 4th year in the league! Lol half the time that Cam Newton has been in the league. At 25 I should have a crazy amount of teams interested in me and sending me max contracts. Russell Wilson is 5 years older and just became the richest QB in football. Like I said, this is a problem that's been going on since Madden 25. Simple solution....look at NBA 2k19 or 18 and check out how they have free agency set up. If yall duplicated that or AT LEAST did something very similar, yall would reel in alot of those people that you've lost over the past couple of years. People get bored in MyPlayer mode on franchise and dont want to play on the same team for their entire career. It's good to switch it up so that it's a new stadium, new fans, new coaching, new teammates, etc. In order to do that, there needs to be a good offseason layout. Plain and simple. 

Message 3 of 26 (50,617 Views)

Community Manager

@ASUblackngold 

Retiring is a possible outcome but it should be rare for this to happen given the scenario you were in. I can totally agree with you though how something like this can be disappointing to experience when they're young and have already achieved so much greatness in the NFL. We always pass along the feedback mentioned in these forums to the Madden team so thanks for bringing this up.

Be sure to tune into the live-stream tomorrow for a sneak peak of the Face of the Franchise in Madden 20.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 26 (50,613 Views)

★★ Novice

This same thing just happened to me. My player is 26 and rating of 99. Now my only options are to sim to next week (I've simmed two seasons now) or retire. Do y'all even test this crap? Literally the worst experience I've ever had playing a game. Thanks EA

Message 5 of 26 (46,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same issue. 99 overall and forced to retire after four seasons. Between this and the recent iterations of NBA2k I'm not sure why I bother with EA any more. They sure don't seem to care. What a joke. 

Message 6 of 26 (45,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has been an issue for years. I've had countless good franchises that just come to an end, because the game decides that my 20 something year old qb isn't worth getting a contract offer. I just played a franchise starting as a 20 year old qb. Won 2 superbowls, 3 mvps, broke all passing yards , and passing td records (season and game). Got my release at the end of my rookie deal, and didn't even get another contract offer. 23 years old, 99 overall yet not a single offer. It's a joke in comparison to other sports games, but EA is still gonna get there 60 dollars next year so why would the care about fixing a damn thing.

Message 7 of 26 (44,906 Views)

★★★ Novice

Why does this issue say resolved?  It's not resolved.  I've done 3 face of the franchise modes and 1 regular franchise mode as a QB.  Every time I never even got an offer from my team.  Once I got an offer from another team, but I wanted to stick with my current team, who's my favorite team.  Why they didn't bother to make an offer to their 3 time Super Bowl and league MVP is beyond me.  Glad I didn't buy Madden 21

Message 8 of 26 (41,498 Views)

Community Manager

@kylec2413 

This is coming in Madden NFL 21:

• RETIREMENT UI - Better insight into retirements each season to allow players to react/manage.

See what else is coming in Madden NFL 21 and 22 here: https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/260934/gridiron-notes-franchise-updates-coming-to-mad...

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 26 (41,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hahaha still hasn’t fixed a thing, literally just started a franchise played the two rookie years did all the super bowl, 99 rated mvp years, and no contract offers at all at 22 years of age with 2 sb 2 mvps 2smvp and all the other crap. Literally happen to me a minute ago and now I gotta start all over, I’m telling you EA if another good company gave nfl or fifa a proper go, you guys would be in a tough situation 

Message 10 of 26 (39,689 Views)