Original Post

My swtor not Install

★ Novice

My swtor not instal and give-me tat mensage... follow in image above

Message 1 of 7 (755 Views)

Re: My swtor not Install

Hero

@Fampincovae

You did try to Launch the installer with Admin Rights?

Not logged in as Admin but with the right Mouse Button Menu?

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 2 of 7 (742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Got an even worse problem - downloading the installer ain't done [blank] for me. Just does its "extract files" thing and goes no further.

This is even using the built-in system compatibility bypass method (right-click>troubleshoot compatibility>set for Windows 7 with additional permissions>test>save>finish). Save/finish, of course, is only in case [blank] happens and a complete do-over is needed (or if uninstall/reinstall comes into play). Not even sure if this is a viable option anyway (because hacks and freaks, plus it makes a mockery out of many other mmo launchers anyway necessitating a rollback once the install is done without additional epic fail), bit I ran it through compatibility (by manually setting my preferences in file>properties>compatibility>admin>Windows7>apply>ok. I'll check against Webroot just to be safe (because security also makes a mockery of many other games as well, even by false-positives or a disturbance in the Force*) Aside from that I have no idea what else to do about installer issues.

EDITED 12/10/2017 08:30 CST to reflect the most successful approach to dealing with this problem.

EDIT 02 12/10/2017 08:44 CST to report that compatibility bypass doesn't carry over when the install is done, so aside from any possible false-flag issues with your system security (or any other disturbance in the Force) you should be in the clear after the sneaky business part is done and over with.

Message 3 of 7 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the installer package to work using compatibility bypass (file properties>compatibility>Windows7>admin>apply>close). Doesn't carry over when it's done (only needed to load up your first time or if you have to reinstall for some unexpected reason). As for the launcher itself, try what Ahmxgrim suggested (but not with the same trick as the first-time procedure, that could be more trouble than it's worth as is usually the case for these kinds of games because security). And speaking of security, try setting exclusions for SWTOR game files, just in case you get the false-flag treatment. (In particular, Webroot and Bitdefender may initiate panic mode at a faster clip than anything else on your system.)

Message 4 of 7 (721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello! I did what you suggested, put it in administrative mode I followed all the procedures and it continues to give the same message ...
What should I do? Reinstall all the driver's, the operating system ....
I really want to go back to playing more, it's been almost two weeks since this happens with my pc and game ...

Message 5 of 7 (709 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Fampincovae

I have a suspicion that the launcher has all the admin privileges it needs, but the BitRaider process isn't set to run as admin.

There's a few application processes, I'll list them here:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\brwc_swtor.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider\bin\brwc.exe
  • C:\ProgramData\BitRaider\BRSptStub.exe
  • C:\ProgramData\BitRaider\support\ (somewhere in a sub-folder there will be BRSptSvc.exe)

Find all four application EXE files above, and set them to run as admin. Restart the PC, then see if the patching works.

Message 6 of 7 (684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I guess there goes my thing. Also I somehow ended up with a double post (no idea why) but since they're both now on lockdown I can't fix that. (I intended the first to be the one of the two, but may still help for noobs getting stuck when loading the game onto a Windows 10 rig for the first time so I don't mind appending it here for general troubleshooting.)

Aside from that (and a permissions fix as Kipling suggested) I think it should be enough to get OP outta that can jam.

Hope it all helps, and may the Force be with you. Wink

Message 7 of 7 (672 Views)