My star wars battlefront 2 won't start up in Origin

by kostaras1982

Original Post

Re: My star wars battlefront 2 won't start up in Origin

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I did the clean boot by disabling all non Microsoft services and rebooting. The launcher still fails. I also used the Origin client to verify my game files. I'm running Battlefront 2 on a Windows 7 machine with GTX 780 with up to date nvidia driver, I haven't seen any threads regarding the latest Battlefront 2 update causing issues with any of the latest nvidia drivers. I think the problem lies within the launcher itself, the game doesn't run when you open starwarsbattlefrontii.exe it has to go through the Origin client. The client then terminates the process after some checks it does in the background. I don't know what's making it quit the game.
Message 11 of 21 (2,495 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue for about 6 months and I tried everything

I believe that origin is causing this problem so somebody needs to fix origin

Message 12 of 21 (2,477 Views)

Community Manager

@Lactios 

Do you have Origin and Battlefront II added to your anti-virus exceptions list?

Others are having success disabling cloud saves under their Origin client's settings too. Have you tried that?

Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 21 (2,380 Views)

★ Novice

Do you know the best part about Battlefront 2, a game I have played loyally since its release and invested approx 400 hours of my time into?

Not being able to play that game anymore and none of these suggestions fixing the issue.

Thanks Origin. Thanks EA.

Message 14 of 21 (2,290 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here i have over 800h play since launch none of "advices" help and they also mark my post as spam great thanks EA and Dice i will never buy anything from you everything works perfect except your game so you remove topics and blame people PC, OS, drivers or hardware great customer support and great customer treatment

Message 15 of 21 (2,286 Views)

★★ Novice

Still waiting for a fix. Hello EA ? Hello Origin ? Wake up ??

Message 16 of 21 (2,182 Views)

Community Manager

@GothTradFR 

If you're having some trouble launching the game in Origin do these solutions help get it up and running? We've seen others find success launching the game as administrator (right-click on the desktop shortcut) or by right-clicking on the game in Origin and then select Play from the drop down list.

Solution #1

Solution #2

Solution #3

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 21 (22,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So i havent touched this game since its awful release, wanted to play around with it and seems to be having this issue the one thing i noticed that isnt right is my geforce doesnt have any video settings for the game. tried all the suggestions from previous posts and redid the downloads.. whats goofy is the game ran fine when i was downloading it at like 30%... any suggestions that do work or something i can try?

Message 18 of 21 (1,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'ts a really frustrating problem.

I've been waiting a long time to play either of the SW Battlefront games, finally upgraded my laptop to a Surface Book 2 i7 GTX1050 8G Ram and downloaded the game two days ago.

Game ran fine for the first 4 hours - bliss, was really looking forward to jumping in again this morning but on loading was pinged a pop up telling me that my 1050 drivers were out of date and the game would perform better (and might not run) unless I updated them. So I did, but on relaunching the game it stuttered so badly it was unplayable. I then tried to roll back the driver but it no longer existed on my system so I couldn't identify it. Then, the game wouldn't load at all. I'd fire up Origin (in administrator mode) launch the game, it connects through STEAM, goes full screen black and then quits.

I tried cleaning out the Origin cache, running in admin mode, uninstalling/reinstalling the game but no progress. Then thought to try and find the original driver my SB2 shipped with which led me to an update pack issued on 20th May 2020. The associated driver for my Win64 notebook was 442.74. I used the NVidia installer to do a custom install, all options and clean install checked and now the game runs as it did before. Only worry is that any future upgrade recommended by any other game may break it. Guess I need to exhaust the title before trying anything else ...

Here's the thread that helped me https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/fxhe48/be_aware_44575_nvidia_drivers_can_cause_overheat/

Message 19 of 21 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Novice
@NavarDerth Yeah i've waited for almost 2 months now, can't really wait more.
Message 20 of 21 (1,082 Views)