Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: My star wars battlefront 2 won't start up in Origin

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I did the clean boot by disabling all non Microsoft services and rebooting. The launcher still fails. I also used the Origin client to verify my game files. I'm running Battlefront 2 on a Windows 7 machine with GTX 780 with up to date nvidia driver, I haven't seen any threads regarding the latest Battlefront 2 update causing issues with any of the latest nvidia drivers. I think the problem lies within the launcher itself, the game doesn't run when you open starwarsbattlefrontii.exe it has to go through the Origin client. The client then terminates the process after some checks it does in the background. I don't know what's making it quit the game.
Message 11 of 17 (607 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this issue for about 6 months and I tried everything

I believe that origin is causing this problem so somebody needs to fix origin

Message 12 of 17 (588 Views)

Community Manager

@Lactios 

Do you have Origin and Battlefront II added to your anti-virus exceptions list?

Others are having success disabling cloud saves under their Origin client's settings too. Have you tried that?

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 13 of 17 (491 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Do you know the best part about Battlefront 2, a game I have played loyally since its release and invested approx 400 hours of my time into?

Not being able to play that game anymore and none of these suggestions fixing the issue.

Thanks Origin. Thanks EA.

Message 14 of 17 (401 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here i have over 800h play since launch none of "advices" help and they also mark my post as spam great thanks EA and Dice i will never buy anything from you everything works perfect except your game so you remove topics and blame people PC, OS, drivers or hardware great customer support and great customer treatment

Message 15 of 17 (397 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still waiting for a fix. Hello EA ? Hello Origin ? Wake up ??

Message 16 of 17 (293 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@GothTradFR 

If you're having some trouble launching the game in Origin do these solutions help get it up and running? We've seen others find success launching the game as administrator (right-click on the desktop shortcut) or by right-clicking on the game in Origin and then select Play from the drop down list.

Solution #1

Solution #2

Solution #3

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 17 of 17 (1,821 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help