Re: My save got bricked Item Sync Error 40010000

by LuxDv

Original Post

My save got bricked Item Sync Error 40010000

★★★★★ Novice

So, i was playing around with the game, doing challenges and collectables mainly, i had to leave for a bit so i turned the game off, when i came back and tried to boot the game back up, it showed me an Item Sync Error 40010000 and it threw me back to select online or solo, so i click online and it says that my save is different from the cloud one, i pay it no mind and press yes to upload the local one to the cloud, it keeps giving me that error till eventually i get in, but instead i am greated with my progress and levels in tact, but all of my cars, wraps, money and character have been reset, my inventory - gone, my whole garage - gone, all of my bank - gone, reset to 0 and my character being a default version of one of the presets.
Now i've already had this issue around 2 days after launch, and tried fixing it my self by backing up my local save and trying to get it uploaded to the cloud, on the launcher its fine, but in the game it gives me the same error, so i try to put my backed up save into the save folder and go offline with origin to basically play the game in offline mode, that seems to bring back my save to what it was before the backup, aka everything was there, my cars, bank, wraps, parts and character, but when i try restart the game in online more, it asks to upload my local save to the cloud, i press yes and it basically resets me again, sometimes it doesn't even ask me to upload it and just lets me go in, on the title screen where you see your character and car, both my saved char and car are there, but when i go to online i am meeted with a default preset character and a broken 180sx with ultimate suspension and tires being completely missing, along with everything else i've earned over the hours i played the game.
So right now the only solution i've found to keep enjoying the game is to just play offline, baiscally in single player, cause you can just back up your save and if anything goes wrong you can always just put your backup back in and you're back to normal

Doubt this will get much tracktion but its worth a shot to see if anyone who maybe managed to fix this dumb issue reply to this so i can actually try to enjoy this game with other people

Message 1 of 25 (4,434 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having exactly the same problem, first all my inventory has been reset (money, cars, unlocked parts, etc ...) 57 hours of play. Now I can only play in offline mode, if I try to enter online mode the game shows me the sync error message ...

Message 2 of 25 (4,397 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Best thing to do is just keep a constant backup of your save till this issue is fixed by EA cause i'm fairly sure this entire issue is on their end, most likely server sided since its a cloud sync issue

Message 3 of 25 (4,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The same thing happened to me - for my case, the profile, money, and characters are staying exactly the same but I cannot access the online feature.

Any solutions came up to the Error code 40010000?

Edit: Mine got reset also :/

Message 4 of 25 (4,368 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@LuxDv Unfortunately, nothing yet.
Message 5 of 25 (4,359 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Capitao_Vacilo We gotta wait for the devs to fix this horrible error as it is associated with a server issue.

Message 6 of 25 (4,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same for me... But I can't have my save back... not even in offline... 36 hours of playing. I don't * know what to do. I'm on PC

Message 7 of 25 (4,151 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What system are you on I'm on Xbox same problem here.

Message 8 of 25 (4,149 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Message 9 of 25 (4,132 Views)

★★ Novice

104 hours of gameplay are gone here... everything

Message 10 of 25 (4,124 Views)