Re: My ps4 is linked to someone elses EA account?

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My ps4 is linked to someone elses EA account?

★★★ Newbie

A friend used my ps4 once about five years ago and now I'm trying to join Apex and its bringing up his email address. I have no way of contacting him to unlock it, nor can I link my own. Please help on how I need to do this!

Message 1 of 6 (1,036 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi there, @missjessyka123.

We're not able to make changes to the account without verifying you own it. You can try going through the account recovery process to potentially get access back to it. Details on that can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (986 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @missjessyka123.

We're not able to make changes to the account without verifying you own it. You can try going through the account recovery process to potentially get access back to it. Details on that can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did this ever get resolved? We’re having the same issue now and Ea won’t remove it so we can’t play any games

Message 3 of 6 (880 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @Revell1994 

The only way to get this resolved is to go through the account recovery process that I mentioned previously.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That link just sends you back to the same unhelpful page. Where is the link to this recovery process your talking about? It's a lot of going in circles on this website. It's shouldn't be this difficult to play my own game I paid for. Yet it seems like it easier to steal an account rather than getting a chance to use your own.

Message 5 of 6 (573 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @lordorgalorg

I'll close this thread out here to help limit necroposting. The steps to recover an EA account are listed in the guide @EA_Aljo shared; I can't log in to my EA Account. Take a look at the suggestions shared under the heading that most match the scenario you're experiencing and give them a try. 

If you hit a snag getting into the account and updating your EA account information, you'll need the help of the EA Help Support Team. Follow the steps outlined in this EA Help Guide to fill out a support ticket: How to contact EA Help for support

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (539 Views)