Re: My player disappears, and can't shoot

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My player disappears, and can't shoot

★★★★★ Novice

I keep having the same issue happen again, and again, and again.... seems like this all started with the latest updates. Been playing since pre-release without this particular issue coming up before this latest update. 

Pretty much every time I play multiplayer (doesn't really matter which mode) after a few minutes my player completely disappears after a re-spawn (almost looks like 1p perspective), my main weapon is completely non-functional, but I can still use grenades, turrets, etc... If I choose to respawn as a hero, the hero doesn't show up at all, and I'm frozen in place right where they spawn with no weapons functional at all. About half the players on both teams also seem to disappear, but I can still see the little icons that are over their heads. 

If I play Starfighter assault, instead of my player disappearing, the ship itself will disappear, and I'm left flying around as a pilot with flames shooting out of where the thrusters are supposed to be located, and about half the other ships appear the same. 

If I leave the game, and enter another room (assuming it doesn't freeze on the exit screen, but that's a whole other issue), I start with my player/ship disappeared and main weapon non-functional. The only way I seem to be able to get my player to come back is to restart my Xbox One X. 

Despite all the flack this game has gotten over various issues, I still enjoy playing it, but I'm about to go crazy and give up even trying to play if this keeps up... just too frustrating to have to restart so often. While I appreciate that EA is updating and at least trying to make things better in general, it seems like they just can't do any sort of update without F'ing 20+ other things up in the process, and this one has made the game essentially un-playable for me.

Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,275 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Well, it looks like uninstalling, and reinstalling seems to have done the trick here... or at least so far. I haven't had the issue in 3 rounds of GA! Everything actually seems to be running quite a bit smoother as well, quicker menu navigation, shorter load delays. 

I will report back after a few more rounds, but so far, so good!

Many thanks for the help folks!

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,266 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @GhostOfMillen

I'm really sorry to hear about your issue Frown It looks quite unusual. I don't think I remember any players reporting anything similar in the past.

Can I ask if you've tried to do any basic troubleshooting steps, like power cycling your console or reinstalling the gameWondering

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (1,251 Views)

Champion

@GhostOfMillen wrote:

I keep having the same issue happen again, and again, and again.... seems like this all started with the latest updates. Been playing since pre-release without this particular issue coming up before this latest update. 

Pretty much every time I play multiplayer (doesn't really matter which mode) after a few minutes my player completely disappears after a re-spawn (almost looks like 1p perspective), my main weapon is completely non-functional, but I can still use grenades, turrets, etc... If I choose to respawn as a hero, the hero doesn't show up at all, and I'm frozen in place right where they spawn with no weapons functional at all. About half the players on both teams also seem to disappear, but I can still see the little icons that are over their heads. 

If I play Starfighter assault, instead of my player disappearing, the ship itself will disappear, and I'm left flying around as a pilot with flames shooting out of where the thrusters are supposed to be located, and about half the other ships appear the same. 

That is a very unique issue. Can you capture it on video? Sound like a minor viewer, player perspective corruption.

My next thoughts are, 1. driver / updates. 2. Try the game on another console. 3. Hard boot the modem, router and xbox at the same time. Turn them off, wait 3 mins, then starting with the router, then wi-fi, then xbox. 

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 3 of 7 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've power cycled the Xbox, modem, router, etc... always works right at the beginning, but the problem rears it's head midway through the first or second round played. 

I haven't yet tried completely uninstalling the game, and reinstalling... I will give that a try. 

Thanks everyone for the ideas here, and I will post and update after the reinstall (Takes quite a while apparently). 

Message 4 of 7 (1,236 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, it looks like uninstalling, and reinstalling seems to have done the trick here... or at least so far. I haven't had the issue in 3 rounds of GA! Everything actually seems to be running quite a bit smoother as well, quicker menu navigation, shorter load delays. 

I will report back after a few more rounds, but so far, so good!

Many thanks for the help folks!

Message 5 of 7 (1,267 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for confirmation@GhostOfMillen

Fingers crossed that the issue will not come back Fingers crossed

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 7 (1,207 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I'm about a dozen rounds in since the re-install, and haven't had this issue pop up again... still having the occasional issue of freezing up when exiting a room, but that's pretty minor. At least I'm back to being able to actually being able to play the game! Thanks again everyone for the help!

Message 7 of 7 (1,191 Views)