Re: [Bug Report] Mount Improvements III reducing mount speed

by Jahmon808

Original Post

My mounts are moving at on-foot running speed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

On one of my characters, 2 out of my 3 mounts have started moving at running speed (no speed gain). This bug is occurring on my HK-55 Jetpack and Korrealis Sheriff, but my Lucky-77 Swoop moves normally. I've tried relogging, restarting game, restarting my computer, switching to other characters, dying, traveling to other areas, and nothing has helped. Anyone ever encounter this and know a fix or have any ideas? I haven't been able to find an occurrence of this problem elsewhere.

I have speeder rank 1 and my character is a level 17 human assassin. My guild currently has the Mount Improvement III bonus. The last thing I did before this started happening was log out in Black Talon solo story mode last night and logging back in outside the instance today.

EDIT: I discovered the cause. I temporarily left my guild to remove the mount improvement III bonus, and the problem went away. After I rejoined, the issue reappeared.

Message 1 of 4 (372 Views)

[Bug Report] Mount Improvements III reducing mount speed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Since my guild added the Mount Improvements III bonus yesterday, a couple of my mounts have lost their speed bonus, meaning that my character moves at regular on-foot running speed while using those mounts. There was another person in my guild who responded to my inquiry that is experiencing the same bug. I have Speeder Training rank 1 and they have rank 2. I read that a bug was fixed earlier this year surrounding the Mount Improvements III bonus but only in relation to Speeder rank 5. It seems that it affects other ranks too, but only certain mounts. I only have 3 mounts on this particular character: HK-55 Jetpack, Korrealis Sheriff, and Lucky-77 Swoop. The only one unaffected by the bug is the Lucky-77 Swoop, while the other two listed above are affected. My other characters are guildless or in a guild that doesn't have the Mount Improvements III bonus, so they are unaffected and this is the only character I've experienced this with.

I'm not subscribed so I can't notify Bioware via the forum or customer service. I suggested to the guildmate who is also experiencing the bug to submit the bug via forums or customer service since they are subscribed. Apparently some genius thought it was a great idea not to allow non-subscribers to submit bug reports. I should clarify that I'm not expecting helpful tips to fix the problem, this is merely a bug report. I think only a patch can fix this problem.

Message 2 of 4 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jahmon808 

I'll go ahead and send this over to them.  I did find an existing thread where this was reported and acknowledged here.  No ETA unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 3 of 4 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Belgorad

Thanks. Yeah that's the thread I mentioned, but the fix they did hasn't fixed it entirely because it's affecting other ranks of speeder training.

Message 4 of 4 (329 Views)