Re: My mic doesn’t not work on apex (Xbox)

by super_soccer631

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue also.

The microphone icon next to my name in game is like I'm in a party chat, but I am not. My mic works fine in other games and whilst in party chat, but if I am in game chat I cannot hear anyone and they cannot hear me.

This has been an intermittent issue since season 2. They either fix it and it comes back or it goes and comes of it's own accord.

Message 21 of 40 (5,413 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How they gonna mark this as solved? It’s still an issue. I tried clearing my MAC address and the game still acts as if I have no mic. Party chat works just fine, but in game my mic is not working. If a friend and I are playing and want to play ranked we switch to game chat. It works just fine for him and he can communicate with our teammate but they can’t hear me. 

Message 22 of 40 (5,239 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It’s worked fine for me since the game launched and now all the sudden without changing anything my mic no longer works in game chat. Insanely frustrating. 

Message 23 of 40 (5,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same my mic only doesn’t work on apex. EA for the amount of revenue they make produce horrible glitches in every single game and never fix them. 

Message 24 of 40 (5,192 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just FYI, change your dns server for your Xbox it fixed the issue for me.

Settings> network settings> advanced> dns server 

set primary dns to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4

this fixed my mic issues and also helped with the lag I’ve been experiencing in season 6 as well.

hope this helps anyone who is as frustrated as I’ve been that they marked all these posts solved when their fixes weren’t actually working,

Message 25 of 40 (5,138 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried all the suggestions in this thread. Has anyone found a solution yet? I can even use the voice to text feature in the game and the mic works, but does not work in actual gameplay.

Message 26 of 40 (5,015 Views)

Ame chat

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Pipesback
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. When it finished updating
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. This happens when I turned on apex not during a game last update it stopped working
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? I came home and it was updating since then I cant talk
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Mic is constantly off I have to be in a party for it to work same problem hundreds of other player have been having for the past two seasons but there has been no statement or communication on you behalf to community because there went enough streamers saying it its being over looked especially for people who bought the battle pass on a online multiplayer game which we cant enjoy or experience because we cant talk to each other I'll be on warzone streaming till this gets fixed if you dont issue some sort of meesge to community I think your going to lose console gamers even in my small circle there's people having the same problem not to mention all off the videos about it and fourms online
What should be happening instead? You should be fixing the bug some sort of update
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There are enough people reporting some are finding fixes rest of us are not you need to start refunding people money back and reply to the people who are trying to communicate with you

So I contacted them earlier that so many people are having an issue with game chat been player since launch and my kd has dropped significantly since this error has occrued being able to communicate with you team is an essential part of the game and it's been an error for a few seasons now I have tried everything but nothing has worked I requested my battle pass to be refunded the told me that was not an option but because it seems its happening to a lot of console gamers the wont take it to serious but when it it start happening to streamers I think the will take note 

Message 27 of 40 (4,755 Views)

Re: Ame chat

★★★★★ Novice

My * doesn’t work anymore either. This season has been pretty awful as far as bugs and ridiculous changes. Hope the split in a few days puts out some of the dumpster fires, but I doubt it will...

Message 28 of 40 (4,705 Views)

★ Novice

doesn’t matter

Message 29 of 40 (4,232 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Has been like this for me for 2 seasons im so f**kin pissed especially since im a ranked player

Message 30 of 40 (4,232 Views)