Re: My mic doesn’t not work on apex (Xbox)

by Drough96

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but my mic doesn’t show up like I’m in an Xbox party. It shows up normal but when I talk it doesn’t flicker like I am. I can hear other people tho. Mix works fine in call of duty game chat tho 

Message 31 of 40 (2,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same have you figured out what to do to get it to work

Message 32 of 40 (2,532 Views)

★★ Novice

My mic doesn’t show up in game chat and doesnt work on apex. Works fine n party chat and works fine on other games. MAC address clears only are needed if you’ve actually chosen an alternate mac address. So what is the problem and what can be done. I feel like this is all on apex side because it worked perfectly fine earlier in the day and then just stopped working after I came out of a recent party chat. It has now not been working for hours. I’ve hard restart the console, unplugged and plugged in the headset, turned the mic off and back on, disabled then re enabled game chat in settings. Ive done everything I can think of and it still refuses to work in Apex game chat. 

Message 33 of 40 (1,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello there I'm having the same problem I've tried the settings and everything but it doesn't seem to work this game definitely has a bug and I'm tryingto figure out why my mic doesn't work

Message 34 of 40 (1,742 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Did you get it fixed? Im still having the same issue

Message 35 of 40 (1,675 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have the same issue unfortunately respawn and ea don't care about their player base. Like why we got to clear our Mac address for a chance to make our mic work. Like why not just fix the 7 season old bug already. Of course they just gonna play dumb. Try to act ignorant to the thread even

Message 36 of 40 (1,621 Views)

★★ Novice

I BELIEVE I HAVE A SOLUTION. I unplugged my mic and started Apex. I could hear my teammates but couldn’t speak and the glitch returned to normal when I started a game. So 1. Start Apex with mic unplugged. 2. Close Apex with the three lines button (settings button) while on home screen. 3. Restart console. This fixed it and idk how but it’s a life saver 

Message 37 of 40 (1,348 Views)

★★ Novice
@Drough96 I commented a solution
Message 38 of 40 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.  As soon as my game updated with the last update my mic stopped working. It says my mic is on but does not light up when I talk.  Nor can anyone hear me. I hear others talking. People in my lobby can hear me but cannot in game.  Party works fine.  All other games work fine. 

I have cycled my xbox.  I have cleared my MAC address(this usually fixes the issue when it appears you are in a party but you aren’t).  I have unplugged my xbox.  I have unplugged my USB.  I have tried three headsets.  I have tried multiple EA accounts.  I uninstalled/reinstalled. ApexNothing works.  I play Apex daily and have not had an issue until the update.  Im at a loss what to do next. 

Message 39 of 40 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem with me I have an Xbox series X and a turtle beach stealth generation 2 

Message 40 of 40 (913 Views)