My game won't work?

by Megamom78

Original Post

Re: My game won't work?

★★★ Novice
Whats hilarious is it has taken me more time to fix the game with no success than the actual game length. EA and origin is a * joke.
Message 51 of 110 (3,251 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, tried everything i found online, even got into a chat with customer support that wasnt very useful.

I had the black screen problem yesterday (game launched but then nothing but a black screen) and after a reinstall today, the game wont launch at all.

I somehow managed to launch it once this afternoon, but it doesn't work anymore. I reinstalled the game and origin twice, tried repairing, clearing cache, etc ...

Anyone has an idea ? It would be super helpful

Message 52 of 110 (3,219 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just return the game bro, thats the only way to get a company like EA to do anything in a timely fashion. An entire day after release with 0 updates from EA for players that cant even open the game. I just returned my copy until they patch it. Free to play games have less issues lol truly pathetic. 

Message 53 of 110 (3,194 Views)

@ButtSecs69

Yes EA will be shocked because you returned a game where EA didn't make any money in the first place. /s

See, I know that this is frustrating, but Hazelight is an Indy developer, give this guys some time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 54 of 110 (3,183 Views)

★★★ Novice
It shouldnt take 24 hours to ADDRESS an issue customers are having. Not a single update has been given to people having these issues. Its unacceptable, period. Were not talking server issues, we cant even OPEN the game to play locally and not a single thing has been said by the developer or publisher.
Message 55 of 110 (3,178 Views)

★★★ Novice
This is truly the first time I have EVER bought a game that simply doesnt work, with 0 support or response from the developers.
Message 56 of 110 (3,172 Views)

★★ Novice
totally agree... im in the same place...
Message 57 of 110 (3,147 Views)

@ButtSecs69

This is a Player help Player forum, while the Bug reports are moved forward the developer will not comment here.

Try the Hazelight Reddit page.

For all, because it helped a guy in the German forum:

• Clear your Origin cache.

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
        - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
        - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
        - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
        - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
        - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
        - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
        - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
        - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
        - Open the "Local" folder
        - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder

• Deinstall Origin from the Windows control panel.
  • Reboot.
  • Download this version of Origin > Install (Run the "OriginSetup.exe" as Administrator) > test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 58 of 110 (3,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It didn't help. Still can't start the game.
Message 59 of 110 (3,115 Views)

★★★ Novice
I already returned the game lol, I barely have time to game let alone have time to run tests just to get a game to open. I tweeted hazelight and no response yet either. No announcement on hazelights twitter about the issue at all. Aka they dont give a * about us with issues
Message 60 of 110 (3,112 Views)