My game keeps on crashing on large scale modes

by Mauling-Maul

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game keeps on crashing on large scale modes

★★★★★ Apprentice

Right, so my game just keeps on crashing about 30-45 minutes in Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy games. For some reason, it doesn't apply to small game modes like HvsV etc. This started happening to me when I updated my game recently. After either the Anakin and Maul patch or the May update. I can't remember which one but it has definitely only started fairly recently. I have tried as much as I know. I looked up a way to fix it through editing files, I tried repairing and updating it multiple times. I even tried reinstalling my game. None of it has worked. It doesn't come up with a message or anything. It just freezes audio continues playing for a couple of seconds before just closing down completely.

Message 1 of 4 (469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game keeps on crashing on large scale modes

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry I think I may have sorted it out now. I followed someone's post where you just disable all programs that are not Windows related in System Configuration. I will have more time tomorrow to play test.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (427 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Mauling-Maul 

Would you be able to upload a DxDiag for us? Just prior to this happening, were there any new programs or hardware installed on the PC in the last few weeks? We are also tracking reports of crashes in modes like you mentioned here.

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (432 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry I think I may have sorted it out now. I followed someone's post where you just disable all programs that are not Windows related in System Configuration. I will have more time tomorrow to play test.
Message 3 of 4 (428 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok so, @EA_Blueberry this has just happened to me again so I am gonna send you my Dxdiag file. I have no idea what is wrong with it I just switched everything off in System Configuration. Then enabled Steam Client Service, NVIDIA Local System Container, Network Service Container and Telemetry Container. That is all I enabled and it just crashed.

Message 4 of 4 (373 Views)