Re: My game keeps freezing- I think it is the graphics driver

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game keeps freezing- I think it is the graphics driver

★★★★ Novice

My game keeps freezing- I think it is the graphics driver but I'm not sure. It will randomly freeze for a few seconds then unfreeze for a few. Not sure if the dxdiag will help but I'm attaching it anyway.

Message 1 of 4 (560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi! As you say, the driver you're using does seem to be quite out of date. Your system is a bit below the minimum requirements for the game, so you likely won't get perfect performance, but hopefully things can improve. 

Are you able to use the tool on this page to update your drivers, or just grab the 15.40 manual download?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86210/Intel-HD-Graphics-5500

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (542 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi! As you say, the driver you're using does seem to be quite out of date. Your system is a bit below the minimum requirements for the game, so you likely won't get perfect performance, but hopefully things can improve. 

Are you able to use the tool on this page to update your drivers, or just grab the 15.40 manual download?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86210/Intel-HD-Graphics-5500

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think I updated my graphics driver successfully, however, my game is still freezing. Again, attaching dxdiag just in case I did something wrong. 

Message 3 of 4 (455 Views)

Community Manager

@Zopolis4 

Your Nvidia GPU 940M is still outdated. Please download the latest driver here. It looks like you could upgrade to the latest build of Windows 10 too. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

Be sure to right-click on the desktop and go to your Nvidia Control Panel to add the game to the list to utilize the Nvidia chip instead of the Intel chip. Your Nvidia GPU is far superior and with laptops it's possible the game is trying to run off the Intel chip which is causing it to freeze up.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (443 Views)