My game is crashing whenever Rotterdam is loading

by A_G_Liive

Original Post

Re: Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

★★ Novice

awesome, delete my post of only the bug report and dxdiag - can i ask why you decided to delete it... deleting it wont make the problem go away. EA will be bust if they keep treating customers like dirt

Message 601 of 976 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Please read this post.

as the patches do not solve this problem, since a problem of windows and memory on standby, I will put some methods to solve this problem, I apologize since I am using google translator and this may generate confusion in the translation.

Method 1: Only for win 1803
1_a: Make sure you have virtual memory activated by windows
1_b: You have to have all the updated video drivers
1_c: Download and use Islc Cleaner: of wargner soft google it if i put here the post is elimated for spam
Configure it as follows:
Enable timed custom resolution check it to be activated and put 0.5 in the counter before playing start it and start.

Eye this method can not work and keep throwing error if it does not work check the method 3 that I will put below

Method 2: Win 1809/1803
2_a: make sure that you have the method 1_a and 1_b
2_b Disables any overlay, whether origin overlay, discord overlay, windows game bar
2_c simply do not use any program that wipes memory on standby
2_d Clean the origin cache and reinstall the game.
2_e: uninstall VC redist 2017 x86 and x64, and install the 2015 versions

Method 3: Win 1809 / Win 1803
3_a Same as method 1 and 2 but here we include a version to clean the memory in standby, make sure to do steps 1_a, 1_b, 2_b 2_e (maybe also 2_d)
3_b we are going to use a windows task that cleans the memory every 5 min here of the reddit link of how to do it.

reddit. com/r/Windows10/comments /7a0763/standby_memory_issue_causing_stutters_on_creators/
fusion the link so this post not marked as spam

I hope that one of these methods helps

Message 602 of 976 (649 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Please read this post.

as the patches do not solve this problem, since a problem of windows and memory on standby, I will put some methods to solve this problem, I apologize since I am using google translator and this may generate confusion in the translation.

Method 1: Only for win 1803
1_a: Make sure you have virtual memory activated by windows
1_b: You have to have all the updated video drivers
1_c: Download and use Islc Cleaner: google it is from wagnersoft
Configure it as follows:
Enable timed custom resolution check it to be activated and put 0.5 in the counter before playing start it and start.

Eye this method can not work and keep throwing error if it does not work check the method 3 that I will put below

Method 2: Win 1809/1803
2_a: make sure that you have the method 1_a and 1_b
2_b Disables any overlay, whether origin overlay, discord overlay, windows game bar
2_c simply do not use any program that wipes memory on standby
2_d Clean the origin cache and reinstall the game.
2_e: uninstall VC redist 2017 x86 and x64, and install the 2015 versions

Method 3: Win 1809 / Win 1803
3_a Same as method 1 and 2 but here we include a version to clean the memory in standby, make sure to do steps 1_a, 1_b, 2_b 2_e (maybe also 2_d)
3_b we are going to use a windows task that cleans the memory every 5 min here search in reddit (reddit dot com)r/Windows10/comments/7a0763/standby_memory_issue_causing_stutters_on_creators/
(yes if i put links the psot is eliminated)
I hope that one of these methods helps
Message 603 of 976 (865 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Warning dont use ISLC clenear in 1809 dont work
Message 604 of 976 (864 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Regarding Win 10 managing virtual memory, I received two updates several weeks ago and I kept getting virtual memory errors and out of virtual memory messages after the game crashed to desk top.  Turns out that MS has decided that only win 10 can now manage virtual memory.  I have always run a static page file on separate disk with 1/3 of my system RAM as a page file.  So for 16 Gb system RAM. I ran a 5 Gb static page file.  Worked for years until the recent update. 

I have read recently that MS has designed Win 10 to reserve 25 Gb of hard drive space for system updates.  As part of this, only Win 10 can manage the page file.  My static page file on a separate disk is no longer recognized or used despite the options in Virtual memory tab.  I had to get a larger hard drive for Win 10.  I now have win 10 on a single 120 Gb hard drive by itself. 

Glad to hear that you figured it out.  It took me days to figure out the Win 10 virtual management deal.

Message 605 of 976 (922 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Standard smile

Maybe that this is only a Solution for my System.

I think there a few Ways to get away that CTD-thing.

Good Luck to all "Crashers" here.  Standard smile

Message 606 of 976 (896 Views)

★★ Novice

I raised the voltage on the CPU slightly, and there is no crash. i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHZ Standard smile

Message 607 of 976 (857 Views)

Community Manager

@B3ATTS wrote:

awesome, delete my post of only the bug report and dxdiag - can i ask why you decided to delete it... deleting it wont make the problem go away. EA will be bust if they keep treating customers like dirt

It looks like your response was flagged as spam. We have a filter to protect spam and some variation of words in your response triggered it. I found it in the filter and unblocked it.

Blueberry.png
Message 608 of 976 (787 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry This is will gonna fixed? or just ignoring the 400+ message of crashers? , did the team realize this crash?, , i still having crashes not frequently but there is it, i post a 3 solutions few days ago saying the problem is in the memory standby for windows and the patches cant solve, but last night i have a crash in panzerstorm i was playing for 3 hrs , and the one of biggest maps crash the game with the same error, so i think, the memory standby is part of fault of the crash but the game have something wrong. Thanks

Message 609 of 976 (758 Views)

My game is crashing whenever Rotterdam is loading

★★ Newbie

Unfortunately I am unable to play the Rotterdam map.   This issue has been happening for the past few days.  When the map is loading the game begins to freeze up and I'm sent back to the dashboard.   I'm playing on an Xbox one X.   I've checked my disc for scratches and there is no visible damage.  Any suggestions 🤷🏽‍♂️

Message 610 of 976 (743 Views)