My game crash and PC restart

by BR_guiters

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game crash and PC restart

★ Novice

English

hello I have a bizarre problem, every time I open the game after clicking on continue on the screen where it is possible to switch servers my game breaks and my computer restarts immediately without showing any errors.

what I already did:

• I deleted the game and installed it again.
  • I reinstalled all my video card and motherboard drivers.
  • I deleted the origin and installed it all over again.

None of this solved

please some one help me!!!!!

Message 1 of 13 (1,163 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuttering and PC reboots

★★★ Novice

I forgot to actually tell I bought a new one, it had issues with one fanblade being broken and being really loud. I am not sure how that could have affecte the GPU performance, since it wasn't overheating at all, however buying a new GPU did fix the issue.

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (1,124 Views)

All Replies

Re: My game crash and PC restart

Community Manager

@BR_guiters 

How many watts is your power supply and did oyu build your own PC? I would check to see if there was enough thermal paste applied on the CPU.

There was a similar post in the BFV forums here with steps provided by @XTRA-Larsiano 

Include a DxDiag if you can so we can take a look at your system specs. Thumbs up

How to gather DxDiag information

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,124 Views)

Stuttering and PC reboots

★★★ Novice

So I've been enjoying Apex like I usually did and suddenly last week (it was probably Tuesday?), my PC kept rebooting at the game ending screen, right after showing the summary of the match. This happened almost after every game, unless I manually quit quickly before the screen even had a chance to come up. By saying my PC kept rebooting I mean, that suddenly my monitor went black, my sounds still played however, then the sounds died and my PC got into a state where it was running, however didnt react to anything. It felt like it was stuck in this rebooting state, the only thing that would fix it, was to press the power button and let it turn off, then turn it on again. This week the issue still persisted, however the game started to stutter as well, to a point where it's almost unplayable. Eventually the PC reboots kept happening about 10 seconds after entering the menu after turning on my PC on a day, where I did not even use the PC prior to this. Sometimes I can play for a while (with huge stutter), until my PC decides to reboot. Sometimes it reboots 10 seconds into the menu.

This stutter still persists, even if I change video settings in-game, no matter if lowest, highest, system default, still huge stutter. Now the funny thing is, I compared it to DOOM 2016 (since it's a game with high requirements), however it doesn't stutter at all, when put to highest settings (Ultra) and it also doesn't turn the PC off.

I used AIDA64's system stability test to determine if it was overheating or not. The stresstest ran for 2 hours, result was that supposedly everything was alright. Also, overheating wouldn't make sense, since not using the PC all day, turning it on just to have it overheat 10 seconds into the menu? Checked temperature of my CPU, my GPU, nothing unusual, temperatures are stable, like they always were. PSU is literally 3 days old now, that also couldn't cause the issue. I updated my BIOS to the most recent version, I ran memtest86, of course it showed there are no errors with the memory. I did a clean install on windows 3 days ago as well, redownloaded Apex Legends after that, issue still persists.

I am starting to think it is a software issue and has nothing to do with my hardware. I am running out of ideas as to what to do/what could cause the issue. Has anyone encountered the same as me? Google-ing the issue didn't help either. Million forums, either different issue or a non-working solution.

As I am unsure what informations to provide, I will attach DxDiag.txt as a start, if anyone is willing to help, I'd be more than happy to provide them with any information they could possibly need.

Thank you in advance.

Message 3 of 13 (1,174 Views)

Community Manager

@Hellerrrrr 

Moved your post over here. Do any of the steps provided by @The_Tibber in this post help out at all?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've done all the steps, they haven't solved my issue however.

Message 5 of 13 (1,082 Views)

Community Manager

@Hellerrrrr 

I mentioned this earlier to OP, but how many watts is your power supply? I would check to see if there was enough thermal paste applied on the CPU too.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 13 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Novice

My PSU is 650 Watts, which should be way more than enough for my system. I would like to think there was enough thermal paste applied to the CPU, since it wasn't me, who assembled the PC.

Message 7 of 13 (1,032 Views)

Community Manager

@Hellerrrrr 

Just prior to this happening did you download any new pieces of software or add new hardware to your PC?

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 13 (999 Views)

★★★ Novice

With the help of a friend we found out it was actually my GPU causing the issues, which is weird, since I did so many tests and just couldn't find any clue that would point me in the right direction. At least now I can enjoy the rest of the duo event with a friend, luckily I didn't miss the entire thing.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Message 9 of 13 (952 Views)

Community Manager

@Hellerrrrr 

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly was the GPU issue and how did you fix it? It might be helpful to @BR_guiters 

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 13 (933 Views)