Re: My game BF1 won't launch.

by 1984rage

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game BF1 won't launch.

★★★ Newbie

I bought Battlefield One on Origin but after the installation, I was unable to play the game. It seems like Origin says I'm connected and playing but the game isn't launched.

The PC I use is pretty new and has good components. I don't understand.

Please help me I want to play so much.

ps : Sorry for my English...

Message 1 of 11 (14,730 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

solved!! solution is simple close origin in game and just install c cleaner and repair the registry.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (18,017 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @PetitFrippon 

Have you updated your GPU drivers? Repaired the game in Origin Library? Can you also try to disable your antivirus software temporary and run the game.

Cheers,
Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 11 (14,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi I got the same problem the game crash on strart up.i have done 2 clear format for this reason also I change the installation in other disc.my drivers from NVidia are the latest plus all my pc drivers. my pc specs are I7 6700k asus max hero viii ddr4 ram hypex GTX 970.+ I have repair the game.

Message 3 of 11 (14,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie

solved!! solution is simple close origin in game and just install c cleaner and repair the registry.

Message 4 of 11 (18,018 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @PetitFrippon

These steps should help with most errors that can occur on launch.

-Look for the Battlefield 1 folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1
-In that directory, find the folder called _Installer.
-In _Installer, navigate to the VC folder, then vc2012Update3, then redist.
-In redist, find both the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe.
-Run the two files, which will install both versions.
-Try again to launch your game.

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 5 of 11 (14,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue as PetitFrippon. I can't launch BF1. I hit the play button, see the blue circle spin for a few seconds, then nothing. Before the recent Origin update and BF1 winter patch BF1 worked perfectly. Also, I noticed that Origin actually says I'm in game and my friends say they see a notification that I'm in game, but the game never launches on my computer.

I've tried all the below:
- running as both Origin and BF1 as administrator, 
- tried repairing BF1, 
- tried the clean boot method,
- tried running in Windowed mode by adding -w,
- tried all this from one post:
--- disable "Origin in game" feature for BF1
--- close Origin, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc and terminate other Origin related processes
--- delete folders:
--- C:\ProgramData\Origin\
--- C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Origin\
--- C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
--- C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\
--- rename/remove/delete folder c:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Battlefield 1\
--- run Origin as Admin
--- run game as Admin,
- tried this from another post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-wont-start-after-the-new-update/m-p/5763346#U5763346
--- Added windows user write access to C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\),
- finally, I reinstalled Origin and BF1 and the problem went away... for a few days until Origin did another update and BF1 downloaded new or old content, then my original problem returned!

I also just tried the steps MrProNice recommended, without any improvement.

-In _Installer, navigate to the VC folder, then vc2012Update3, then redist.
-In redist, find both the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe.
-Run the two files, which will install both versions.

Also, just tried the below from another potentially related thread, without any improvement:

• Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer and run Touchup.exe and Cleanup.exe as administrator.
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\Core and run ActivationUI.exe as administrator.
  • Navigtate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1 and try running bf1.exe directly from the game folder (both normal, and as admin).

I have been experiencing this issue since the winter patch was released.  Need help please!!

Message 6 of 11 (14,604 Views)

★ Novice

I found a fix after trying alot of things.

Delete the BF1.exe file out of the install folder and repair the game.

Once it starts to repair the game it will redownload the F1.exe folder and the game will work again.

Hope this helps you.

Message 7 of 11 (12,772 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you <3 lol

Message 8 of 11 (11,444 Views)

★★ Novice

No it made med downloadc 50 GB again. thank you idiot!

Message 9 of 11 (5,708 Views)

★ Novice

I got this game yesterday and download it last night . now i am trying every single solution here to lunch this game but non are working . please help . i really dont know what else to do . it my first time opening btf1 so there are no setting folder etc . EA help

Message 10 of 11 (5,689 Views)