Re: My friend cant play online with only 2 friendlies. White screen problem

by CAPJackRackham

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My friend cant play online with only 2 friendlies. White screen problem

★ Novice

Hi,

We are doing some tournaments on PS4 in between us. And some of our friends cant play with each other. When they're sending invite and press the join, after a while in white screen joiner and creator get error "You lost connection with your opponent". 

Only happening on our friend with two other friends. Except them we are playing without an error. 

Two of them using cable&tv iss, other one standard,

Two of them using standart ps4, other one ps4 pro.

Is there any solution about this please? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (1,220 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @Egzup,

That usually means that person has a strict NAT type or is on IPv6. You'll want to get them to set a Static IP to their PS4 and then place it in a DMZ.

If they're on IPv6 there isn't much we can do other than suggesting contacting their ISP to set an IPv4 address instead.
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,213 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @Egzup,

That usually means that person has a strict NAT type or is on IPv6. You'll want to get them to set a Static IP to their PS4 and then place it in a DMZ.

If they're on IPv6 there isn't much we can do other than suggesting contacting their ISP to set an IPv4 address instead.
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,214 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
@EA_Cade Is there way to do them? Can you help about that?
Message 3 of 10 (1,200 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
@Egzup Unfortunately not, as every router and ISP has their own method.
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,194 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hi Cade, I m playing FIFA 20 on PC Origin, my friend and I also got the same problem when we wanna play online frendlies, whatever vpn or IP boost we r using, there is always.a white screen. Why cause it every time?

Message 5 of 10 (1,150 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade Hi Cade, I m playing FIFA 20 on PC Origin, my friend and I also got the same problem when we wanna play online frendlies, whatever vpn or IP boost we r using, there is always.a white screen. Why cause it every time?
Message 6 of 10 (1,118 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @Lynh7un,

Can you connect to a random Friendly match or is it only happening with this one friend in particular?
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 10 (1,114 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, i have the same problem, i can play random Friendly match online, but when i try to play with any of my friends it does not work. 

Message 8 of 10 (793 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @nunomgdias,

Usually this happens when one of you is on an IPv6 address and trying to matchmake with an IPv4 connection.

If this is the issue the best way to resolve it is to set a Static IP address to your console and then DMZ it (Note: Please do NOT DMZ your PC IP Address). If the issue still occurs after DMZing your co-op partner will most likely need to follow the steps as well.

If this is happening on PC make sure you're running both Origin and the game as Administrator and set up the appropriate exceptions in the Windows Firewall settings.
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 10 (781 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hello EA_CADE. pls HELP

WIN 10 - Origin.

When I try to play with my friend FIFA 20 friendlies, Volta, Ultimate Team against each other we both get the white screen and we cannot connect.

But we play together Online CO-OP Season with no problems.

We tried to start as Administrator, changed settings, reinstalled the game. Nothing worked.

We enjoy FIFA very much and looking foward for FIFA 21, but im not sure if the problem will persist, therefore we will buy FIFA 21 only if we manege to resolve this issue now.

Message 10 of 10 (506 Views)
Twitter Stream