My fix from crashing EVERY game to 0 crashes in 2 hours

by Finomen4L

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My fix from crashing EVERY game to 0 crashes in 2 hours

★★★★ Novice

Hey guys, first of all i dont think this will help all as i doubt everyone is in the same situation as i am. So what fixed it for me was simply undo my GPU overclock... Because i have a low end PC i thought its mandatory for me to overclock my GPU.. but since getting crashes every game i started testing stuff, not much to test since if i run APEX i allready have everything off for some performance..

My specs:

i3 6100 
MSI GTX 1050 x2
gygabite z170 gaming 6

even thought i also have my CPU overclocked from 3.7 to 4.5 ghz it seems game is fine with it, it seems the game does not like my overclock of the GPU via MSI Afterburner.

i get 2 types of crashes, 
1, the game just closes to desktop without any error
2, i get an error saying "the instructions at "0x000000" referenced memory at "0x000000". The memory could not be written.

So yeah guys... what fixed my crashing every game was simply taking off the overclock and game is no longer crashing. Keep in mind that my overclocks are stable both CPU and GPU and have never had an issues with it in any other games, well mainly overwatch and fortnite but ofcourse they are less demanding lol

hopei helped someone here and i hope devs will look into what is causing this problem, i also have read somewhere WHILE looking for a fix on hte forums that someone made a comment "if you are overclocking your GPU that is why" but it dint get any attention, but since im not the only one its definitely a thing. i have no idea what it could be causing the crashes, the program MSI Afterburner or GPU or a combination idk i cant help i just know without it i get no crashes. 

Message 1 of 2 (220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My fix from crashing EVERY game to 0 crashes in 2 hours

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Finomen4L 

Thank you. Reposting for awareness and so a solution can be marked:

"what fixed my crashing every game was simply taking off the overclock and game is no longer crashing"

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)

All Replies

Re: My fix from crashing EVERY game to 0 crashes in 2 hours

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Finomen4L 

Thank you. Reposting for awareness and so a solution can be marked:

"what fixed my crashing every game was simply taking off the overclock and game is no longer crashing"

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (178 Views)