My bf5 cant launch

by ZemoraS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My bf5 cant launch

★★ Novice

Hello,

i have like 40 hours on this game but i stoped playing it, about a month ago i decided to comeback and play again, but my game wont launch

I tried everything, i did the reboot, the repair, ccleaner, everything they said to do

my setup:

intel i9-9900

32 gb ram

nvidia 2060 super

i tried  to reinstall the game but didnt work, the game launched this time but it last 5 seconds and closes, i only see the loading icon and black screen

i love this game and i want to play it again, please help!

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (1,214 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My bf5 cant launch

★★★★ Novice

Ive had the same issue and finally found an answer so im actually scrolling though the help pages to try pass on a resolution. Please note there could be different issues for users but this seemed to be the only solution that worked for me.

Do as follows and hopefully that will sort the issue:

You have to look for the file "PROFSAVE_profile" in the folder that the game creates in the user's documents in Windows.

Open it with a text editor (the notepad works).

Change the value "1" to "0" and then Directx12 is deactivated and the game starts.

Thanks to users @mattei_708 and @Teniente1987 for passing the info on in older posts.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (994 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@ZemoraS  Hey,

Can you try to do a clean boot on your PC and see if this helps? https://help.ea.com/tr/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Also, I recommend you to run Origin as Administrator.

Message 2 of 9 (1,177 Views)

★★ Novice

I already did all that, like three times

I did the administrator thing with bf5 too.

Nothing works, I tried to repair but it doesn't work.

Message 3 of 9 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII 

I already did all that, like three times

I did the administrator thing with bf5 too.

Nothing works, I tried to repair but it doesn't work.

Message 4 of 9 (1,137 Views)

★★ Novice

this support is so bad for real, i see so much of this problem but no solution and no one of ea cares about it

Message 5 of 9 (1,090 Views)

EA DICE Team
@ZemoraS This is not EA support, you are being helped by Hero who is a player like your self.

AHQ is a player helping player forum.

How to get in contact with EA support:
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Is anything in your system overclocked?`

/Atic
Message 6 of 9 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive had the same issue and finally found an answer so im actually scrolling though the help pages to try pass on a resolution. Please note there could be different issues for users but this seemed to be the only solution that worked for me.

Do as follows and hopefully that will sort the issue:

You have to look for the file "PROFSAVE_profile" in the folder that the game creates in the user's documents in Windows.

Open it with a text editor (the notepad works).

Change the value "1" to "0" and then Directx12 is deactivated and the game starts.

Thanks to users @mattei_708 and @Teniente1987 for passing the info on in older posts.

Message 7 of 9 (995 Views)

★★ Novice

the same thing happens to me i havent played for awhile then when to play and it goes to load up then i get black screen and then im back to the start again just wont load and go into game BF1 works fine though?.

Message 8 of 9 (882 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you for advice but the value 1-0 for what? i never seen anything that said Value.

Message 9 of 9 (758 Views)