Re: My Playstation Overheats

by watts220

Original Post

My Playstation Overheats

★★★★ Novice

My PlayStation overheats & sometimes goes as far as shutting down, this only happens when I'm playing Apex Legends. It sucks when I'm playing Ranked League because not only do I get banned but I end up losing so many points. PS USER NAME: Sabs_dc

Message 1 of 7 (636 Views)

Community Manager

@SabSpeed 

With your console powered off, vacuum any dust etc. from the vents around the side and back of the console. This will help prevent overheating.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (593 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've done this several times, my console doesn't always overheat but when it does, it shuts down & I get banned... The only solution is get a new console but it's pointless right now with the PS5 launching later this year. But what do I do in the meantime carry on getting banned or just don't play? Because I really do enjoy the game

Message 3 of 7 (568 Views)

Community Manager

@SabSpeed 

If you have vacuumed the vents and your console is still overheating, it may be worthwhile bringing it to be professionally cleaned.

The fan itself is difficult to get to and I would not attempt to do that myself.

barry.png
Message 4 of 7 (545 Views)

My PS4 keeps on over heating then switches off.

★★★★ Novice

My PS4 keeps on over heating then switches off, i thought it was just the console until i started playing other games with no issues. I went from 2hrs a day of gaming, to no gaming at all because the game seems to be messing up my PS4. Other games work perfectly fine though 

Message 5 of 7 (560 Views)

PS4 overheating while on Apex menu?

★ Novice

It doesn't happen when I'm in games, only in the menu, my PS4 gets really noisy and I usually tell me squad to hurry up because I'm always scared it could damage my console. I heard that rocket league used to have that same problem and got a patch afterwards. Is there anything I can do? Does EA/Respawn recognize this issue?

Message 6 of 7 (523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just made cleaning of my PS4 slim and updated Apex Lagends to latest version and got same issue!
On menu fan working supper loud. Didn't hear something like this before. 
I was affraid that problem in my PS4 but all other games works fine as usual. I can play over 3 hours and fan works super quiet.
Please try to find problem in your game because as I see I am not only one with this problem. 

Message 7 of 7 (475 Views)