My Origin Account was Hacked and purchased FIFA15!

by Honourableness

Original Post

Re: My Origin Account was Hacked and purchased FIFA15!

★ Novice

my order number is 1001445330166

Fifa2015 paid by SEK (sweden krons i suppose)

in about an hour after this order i made a request for refund. and changed my password in Origin.

now this order and refund request both have status "error" and this game dissappeared from game list.

is it means that the payment didn't finish correctly and money will return on card after a while?

Message 81 of 376 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont know WTF is this...

i didnt save my personal credit card things on Origin. 

but it happen. and not the only one.

it means, Origin saved our codes and hacked.

it can be a big issue and problem. their problem! 

need to fix it right now.

Message 82 of 376 (1,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem! what should i do?

Message 83 of 376 (1,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On Dec. 28th my credit card was used to make hundreds of dollars of purchase on Origin as well. I thought it was an isolated incident, but evidently lots and lots of people are having this same problem. I immediately reported my credit card stolen to my financial institution since I'm assuming I won't get much help from EA. These games were not purchased on my account and I'm assuming they somehow got direct access to my actual credit card number, or else these purchases would have shown up in my actual Origin account.

Kotaku has actually started reporting on this. http://kotaku.com/users-complain-of-false-charges-on-eas-origin-1676826659

Message 84 of 376 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have several games fraudulently purchased on my account as well

Order #: 1001179755572

Order #: 1001177755572

Order #: 1001176755572

Order #: 1001176355572

These do show failed in my order histroy but they are showing up on my bank account as pending charges.

Message 85 of 376 (1,136 Views)

★ Novice

Fifa15 was just purchased on my account for S$, a quick google search brings up that this is Sinapores currency.

Tried to get a hold of EA they wanted me to wait 700 minutes before I could contact them, so obviously called my bank and filed a fraud report. 

I tried to delete my card off of my account and I just get an error and to try again later. 

Thank you for being such a stand-up company EA, with impeccable security measures. I can tell you this, I will never trust EA again with my credit card information. EA should learn a lesson from Steam (the only component digital distributor of games), the fact you could access my account from Singapore without some sort of security measure shows how terrible EA really is. This should not be a feature I need to turn on, it should already be on. 

I guess I will just wait, probably a few weeks for EA to respond to my claim. My bank should resolve the matter before hand though.

Thanks for being **bleep** EA! 

-An ex-EA customer

Message 86 of 376 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me.  I tried to contact customer support, and they wanted me to wait 611 mins to call me back?????  The is f***ing unacceptable and ridiculous.  So now, all the money I have paid for my games, I cannot play because EA banned my damn account and now I have to wait over 10 hours for them to call me back?  It will be in the middle of the night when they call me back, and I am betting I wont even get a call back.  I will never purchase another game from EA.

EA has zero customer support and is embarassing.

Doubt anybody here will help but:

Order# : 1001146768075

Message 87 of 376 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I waited 4 hours for a call back, they called back, I answered and said hello, no answer from EA, listened to dead air for a few seconds and it disconnected on the EA side, and EA said they called and I didnt answer.  Great customer service guys.

Message 88 of 376 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got an email from Clint M saying that they tried to contact me and were unable.  My phone has been sitting in front of me ever since I submitted a request and it has not rang nor has it had any missed calls.  Go f*** yourself EA

Message 89 of 376 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also I cannot create another case to where I can schedule another call back.  So now I am just SOL even more that before if thats possible.  I hope EA gets their **bleep** covered in lawsuits over this.

Message 90 of 376 (1,196 Views)