My Origin Account was Hacked and purchased FIFA15!

by Honourableness

Original Post

Re: My Origin Account was Hacked and purchased FIFA15!

★★★★★ Newbie

I had my account buy Far Cry4, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Watch_Dog's. I never authorized any of them.

Message 11 of 376 (4,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me as well. I changed password, setup all security i can possibly apply, and immediately requested a refund. WTF

Message 12 of 376 (4,818 Views)

★★★ Novice

Got a telephone call from my credit card this morning 7:15am Christmas day asking if I had made any purchases from Origin to which I replied 'NO'.

They stopped the transaction so I'm not out of pocket but they have suspended my credit card and the credit card fraud squad will ring me tomorrow (Boxing Day).

I have checked on Origin and found that the same 3 games as Mr_InFamous629 have been purchased, (Far Cry4, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Watch_Dog's) and downloaded at 7:07am (so my credit card were very fast at jumping on it).

I have obviously changed my login and password and also enable the Origin Security Code system but unfortunatly I still cannot delete my credit card details from the system, not that it matters now as they have been cancelled.

I thought it was just my account but looks like there have been quite a few, maybe that is why my cc company picked it up instantly.

At least it probably means that my password was not compromised and it was a back-door hack although, I have notice on Firefox a plug-in which I don't remember being there before, it is an EA plug-in that Avast virus checker flagged as a high risk plug-in. Could this be the cause?

Oh, and of course there is no support from Origin over the next 2 days and even then I found it very difficult to find a place to report it.

Having checked my emails I now find that the purchases are also there, but on the email, there is now where that says 'you have purchased this, if it is not you then report it' or something similar!

I think Origin need to address that too.

Will watch the thread closely.

Cheers

Message 13 of 376 (4,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same deal here, purchase of Fifa '15 made from Redwood.  I never told EA to save my credit card information and yet now it's saved and I can't get rid of it.  I went ahead and shut down my card but can't call my bank to get my money reimbursed because they're closed for the holidays, Wonderful!  I wen't ahead and upped the security on my origin account anyway.

Message 14 of 376 (4,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happend to me a few minutes ago. Someone overseas bought Farcry 4,Farcry 4 Gold and Assasins Creed. I changed my password and added the 2 step text verification but I don't see any option for a refund and EA is closed for holiday. It was over $200 worth of games.

Message 15 of 376 (4,782 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same surprise here. Someone bought me fifa 2015 using my card. I can't delete my card infos too. I will try to contact support tomorrow. I hope they will refund it and delete the game.

Message 16 of 376 (4,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine as well. 3am christmas morning someone order 4 games (2 i already own thru steam and that didnt send up any red flags?) i tried the rufund option... i got some error message and didnt work, and put a ticket (?) in for all 4 games letting them know. but its the holidays so who ever did it gets time to cover their tracks until someone can look into it i guess.

Message 17 of 376 (4,764 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just jumping on to say I also just had AC: Unity, Far Cry 4, and Watch_Dogs bought on my account sometime yesterday and I didn't see the email til today. The PC I use to access and play Origin is not even working right now! Prolly haven't logged on a couple weeks. Origin phone support is closed, gonna keep trying my credit card to see if they can still block the transaction. Sucks, and weird!

Message 18 of 376 (4,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well it didn't took long to find that I'm not the only one... Fifa 15 was purchased on my account and I don't want that !

I cannot delete my credit card data for some reason. 

Origin please.... this is kinda sad that our payment info is on the streets this easily...

Message 19 of 376 (4,736 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't think there's actualy anyone behind these fraudulent charges. I think it's just a glitch in their system, hoping I can get a refund soon Frown

Message 20 of 376 (2,264 Views)