Re: My Mods Arent Working

by omgitsmeadow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Mods Arent Working

★★★★ Novice

Hi there, anyways my mods aren't working not a single one. I do have it checked in the settings for allowing custom content and script mods, I've also done what it says to do after an update. 

This started when i uninstalled the sims 4 and downloaded it again. I've contacted origin and they said they cant help because they don't support it or whatever. Please help im freaking over here

Message 1 of 5 (575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@omgitsmeadow

If no mods show up in your game

• Did you place them in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
  • Do the game register that there are mods? Do they show up in the list in the beginning or if you open the mods list from the options menu?
  • Do you have OneDrive on your computer? Make sure that the game is not using the OneDrive-folders. Try turning off OneDrive before starting the game.

You can check where the game saves your files by looking in your Game Options - Screen Capture settings.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Make sure that the path above is the same place as where you have your saves and mods.

Please paste a picture of your in-game file path, or copy and paste the text,  and do the same with your mods folder path, so I can help you compare them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (650 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@omgitsmeadow

If no mods show up in your game

• Did you place them in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
  • Do the game register that there are mods? Do they show up in the list in the beginning or if you open the mods list from the options menu?
  • Do you have OneDrive on your computer? Make sure that the game is not using the OneDrive-folders. Try turning off OneDrive before starting the game.

You can check where the game saves your files by looking in your Game Options - Screen Capture settings.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Make sure that the path above is the same place as where you have your saves and mods.

Please paste a picture of your in-game file path, or copy and paste the text,  and do the same with your mods folder path, so I can help you compare them.

Message 2 of 5 (651 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yes i did put them in  C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods not it does not show up in the view custom content and script mods and no i dont have one drive linked with the sims 4

Message 3 of 5 (553 Views)

★★★★ Novice

nvm i got it working i was placing it in the mods folder in quick access which was not the right one! oops lol so sorry to bother you! thank you for helping me and other users!

Message 4 of 5 (552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game file is in the correct spot, at the start-up, the game doesn't register there are any mods and I don't have onedrive. What should I do?

Message 5 of 5 (499 Views)