My Apex

by HongKongDo1I

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Apex

★★★ Newbie

After the 13.1 patch I have not been able to launch the game. After the Easy Anti-Cheat banner the game opens but it is completely white with no volume and quits itself after a second. I registered a new account on steam and origin and I was able to launch the game normally on that account, however when I returned to my original account it still refuses to launch and the problem still occurs. I used to play on Origin and changed to steam, resulting in the Apex in my Origin library showing that it needs to be downloaded and thus I cannot use the repair function. 

Here's what I've tried so far:

- I reinstalled the game on Steam

- I checked the integrity of the game and it is fine

- I did the audio file thing and switched languages

- I restarted my computer numerous times

- Launching Easy Anti-cheat and the game as admin

- Reinstalling my drive

- Temporaily disabled my firewall and anti-virus

After all this my game is still not launching with the very same symptoms as stated above. 

And yes I saw the post in 2019 where someone had the smae issue and solved it with disabling the RGB on his keyboard and I don't have a RGB keyboard. 

Help would be very much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3 (220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Apex

Champion

There currently seems to be an issue that has surfaced due to the update.

Do you have any launch parameters enabled? (like +reticle_color)

If so, remove the "+reticle_color" one, as this one is causing crashes for users.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (214 Views)

All Replies

Champion

There currently seems to be an issue that has surfaced due to the update.

Do you have any launch parameters enabled? (like +reticle_color)

If so, remove the "+reticle_color" one, as this one is causing crashes for users.

Message 2 of 3 (215 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@XHelperZ Okay I see I removed the reticle thing and it is running normally for me. Thank you so much for stopping by and helping me.
Message 3 of 3 (196 Views)